Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spring/Summer quilting???

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    I do sew a little less in the summer time, mostly because we don't have air conditioning and it just gets too darn hot to mess with anything that involves and iron! ;)

So do I and mow all the lawn and edges of the fields. Between that and grandkids' ball games I'm outside.
    Oh, plus it's light outside so much longer.

A lot less for me. When the sun comes out the convertible comes out and we take road trips almost every weekend. We really enjoy our weekend trips.

As I hand quilt, I tend to peice my quilts in the summer and quilt them in the colder days, when I need something warm on my lap.

i work outside all day everyday. so when i'm home, i don't go out. expecially in the winter. just got in and i have ice blocks instead of feet.

Lucky for me, I have a big covered area on my deck with power available. I just take my machine outdoors

I sew/quilt all year around I figure the reason ext.cords were invented was to reach the picnic table 8-)

A LOT less, I confess to liking gardening more than quilting! We also own a business in the horticulture industry so there is no need for me to belong to a forum, I just talk to other folks in the industry. Get TONS of free plants too, many of which I share with friends neighbors.

Unless ... if it's a REALLY hot summer, you'll find me in the AC.

I like to piece by hand, outside. So, summer is much more productive for getting tops made than winter. I also quilt outside, by hand using a hoop, but it is easier inside, in the winter.

Have to start gardening as soon as it starts warming up, usually in March, at least start preparing flower beds.

I sew as much in the summer as the winter. Sometimes in the winter, when it is especially gloomy, and the quilt room is cold, I would rather curl up with a good novel. In the summer, we spend time at a 5th wheel on our property two hours from home. Hubby fishes - I quilt!

Have to start gardening as soon as it starts warming up, usually in March. At least start preparing flower beds.

I sew all seasons..I don't go outside much in the summertime,unless the humidity level is down...

Blog Entries
    I do less in spring & summer - love my flower and vegetable gardens!!! Also watching the birds make a home and raise their young.

Well, this is my first year quilting, started in October. But I'm known to spend all daylight hours in my garden if I'm not at work, so it's unlikely I'll get much quilting done after May 1st, unless it rains all summer.

Blog Entries
    Less, The summer I quilt some at night, the days are spent floating around in the pool with my hubby. Summer is my favorite time of year. I LOVE hot weather and HATE cold weather.

don't do much sewing in the summer, as I am an avid outdoor type, when the weather allows.

Here in GA it is too hot in the summer to spend time outdoors. It is, however, perfect quilting time in an air conditioned house.

I just don't hand quilt in the summer. the weight is just too how even with the ac

Blog Entries
    I garden an acre and that keeps me busy spring and summer so I don't spend near as much time sewing :-D

Congratulations on your retirement. It won't take long to figure out that you really never had the time to work because you will be so busy.

I probably sew less in the summer but I do sew a lot in August because it get so hot outside so I stay in with the air con.

I probably sew less in the summer but I do sew a lot in August because it get so hot outside so I stay in with the air con.

Blog Entries
    In SC it gets so hot I stay in the AC most of the summer. course, the AC makes me ache so I have to cover the vent by my machine.

I used to live south of buffalo so I know how much you love summer up there. :lol:

Living in Minnesota I treasure the time when we do not have snow, so I golf about everyday in the Summer and also enjoy gardening. Maybe squeeze in a little sewing and cleaning if we have a spell of bad weather.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast