Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sticking finger down throat..... >

Sticking finger down throat.....

Sticking finger down throat.....

Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by trisha
You know it's bad when you fast forward to the commercials!!! LOL
I watched it between watching Holmes on Homes. I discovered that the only names I recognized was Jeff Bridges, Kirk Douglas and "Forrest Gump". I forgot his name. So, apparently, the Academy Awards don't mean diddly to me anymore. Which, actually, is fine with me, because I don't think the movies are worth diddly anymore. Edie
With you on Mike Holmes!!! If only he would come to my house!
And don't know who any of the 'new' actors are any more. What happened to all the great 'second banana' actors? Everyone has to be 'pretty' now.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 AM

First of all, I don't know who half these people are. Secondly, they don't live in the real world and I am sick of their self-serving, selfish, me-me-me attitude. It's just not important to me anymore and I used to know all the details of "stars" lives when I was younger.....Sophia Loren holds it above all of these women even into her 80s.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:21 AM

[quote=Julianna]
Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
oh my lol, No I do not watch them and very little TV, so now days if it is not Roy Rogers, John Wayne, Elvis, Ricky Nelson the Big Bobber Davey Crockett, Sky King, and Daniel Boone and annett (sp) on the Disney channel of YEARS ago. I have no idea who most of thee folks are. and yes Joan Rivers who is ageless eill tell the story of what happened. lol :) How old am I hahaha
Now here is my kind of woman!!!!!! I even remember Sky King's neice, Penny. BUT, anyone on this forum who remembers Rootie Kazootie and sending for the piece of Saran Wrap (a phenomena at that time) so you could past it to the tv screen and draw a ladder so Rootie could get out of the basement and save Polka Dottie? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 AM

Don't watch that kind of stuff, it is just too fake, they all fall all over one another, you'd think they were long lost relatives or something.It's just a fantasy world in acting! It's only for people who can't get real jobs, or think they're God's gift!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM

Between the Superbowl halftime and the Awards program....I am wondering if I have passed into an parallel dimention, as this 'reality' isn't the one I grew up with...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM

[quote=Nolee]
Originally Posted by Julianna
Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
oh my lol, No I do not watch them and very little TV, so now days if it is not Roy Rogers, John Wayne, Elvis, Ricky Nelson the Big Bobber Davey Crockett, Sky King, and Daniel Boone and annett (sp) on the Disney channel of YEARS ago. I have no idea who most of thee folks are. and yes Joan Rivers who is ageless eill tell the story of what happened. lol :) How old am I hahaha
Now here is my kind of woman!!!!!! I even remember Sky King's neice, Penny. BUT, anyone on this forum who remembers Rootie Kazootie and sending for the piece of Saran Wrap (a phenomena at that time) so you could past it to the tv screen and draw a ladder so Rootie could get out of the basement and save Polka Dottie? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I remember!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

I didn't watch it at all. but i felt sorry for the young hosts that were picked (or told) to do the show. I knew they would not do well. i felt sorry for them. the show has been so boring for years, i gave up on it long ago.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM

I would watch it if they brought back Billy Crystal. :wink: I thought he was a pretty good host. But it bums me out also that Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters were not on... 2 of my favorite shows...*sigh*
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM

I agree with Magpiefeather......
Originally Posted by magpiefeather
I haven't gone to any movies for quite awhile, I'd rather read. So I don't know who's up for what. They go on too long and save the best for last and I can catch it on the news (computer)after it's all over.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM

I don't watch. Those things bore me to death....a bunch of people congratulating themselves for doing the job they were paid to do. And after making millions doing it!!!

Ppppfffftttt!!! General crap!!! :-)