Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sticking finger down throat.....

Anyone watch the Academy Awards tonite? Talk about Yuck.....I usually turn these things on to see what outrageous dresses they are wearing, but after Kirk Douglas was on I couldn't watch anymore. The writers for these things have to be morons. From Justin Timberlake to the hosts OMG how disgusting. These people could not joke their way out of a paper bag. Think I will just wait for Joan Rivers Fashion Police!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Ha! I didn't even know it was on tonight.

nope dont watch that drama,spent the eve. on here and fb (sometimes fb is drama too!)

LOL!!! That's funny!!!! And trust me, you didn't miss anything.

LOL Nope don't watch it. The award Shows bore me.

I did not watch. They get worse every year. It ticked me off because Brothers and Sisters were not on because of them.

I don't watch movies so anything newer than 1980 is new to me. Wouldn't recognize the people, but I'd recognize a train wreck, ya know! ('cept for a Paul Newman movie,swoom)James Gardner, Sean Connery well you know the important ones.

Blog Entries
    I watched it with my family and we had a good time. I never expect much from those shows and don't take them seriously.

oh my lol, No I do not watch them and very little TV, so now days if it is not Roy Rogers, John Wayne, Elvis, Ricky Nelson the Big Bobber Davey Crockett, Sky King, and Daniel Boone and annett (sp) on the Disney channel of YEARS ago. I have no idea who most of thee folks are. and yes Joan Rivers who is ageless eill tell the story of what happened. lol :) How old am I hahaha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Joan Rivers who is ageless eill tell the story of what happened. lol :) How old am I hahaha
    Never cared much for Joan Rivers but I did enjoy Tim Gunn on the red carpet.

I haven't gone to any movies for quite awhile, I'd rather read. So I don't know who's up for what. They go on too long and save the best for last and I can catch it on the news (computer)after it's all over.

Had the tv off all night, lol, never like those types of things anyhow.

Blog Entries
    Nope, watched The Amazing Race then went to bed. Shame on them for taking up Desperate Housewives timeslot!

I have never really watched 'em either, but DH had to watch it, I would rather turn the tv off & turn on the radio & sew!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirl66
    I have never really watched 'em either, but DH had to watch it, I would rather turn the tv off & turn on the radio & sew!
    I am with you ;) :thumbup:

I don't think I've been to a movie in at least two years. Subscribed to Netflix for a while and ended up not watching them either. Last night I watched part of a Masterpiece Mystery then went to bed. Those English mysteries on PBS are wonderful but with some hearing issues even with pricey hearing aids I have a tough time getting the various English accents so resort to subtitles. I am in the company of old fogies.

oh my lol, No I do not watch them and very little TV, so now days if it is not Roy Rogers, John Wayne, Elvis, Ricky Nelson the Big Bobber Davey Crockett, Sky King, and Daniel Boone and annett (sp) on the Disney channel of YEARS ago. I have no idea who most of thee folks are. and yes Joan Rivers who is ageless eill tell the story of what happened. lol :) How old am I hahaha
    We are definately from the same era, I love those shows too.

never watched an award show in my life. Who cares who wears what (or is it who?)

And for Joan Rivers to be criticizing the way other people LOOK - well talk about the pot and the kettle.

You know it's bad when you fast forward to the commercials!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    I watched it between watching Holmes on Homes. I discovered that the only names I recognized was Jeff Bridges, Kirk Douglas and "Forrest Gump". I forgot his name. So, apparently, the Academy Awards don't mean diddly to me anymore. Which, actually, is fine with me, because I don't think the movies are worth diddly anymore. Edie

Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    I watched it between watching Holmes on Homes. I discovered that the only names I recognized was Jeff Bridges, Kirk Douglas and "Forrest Gump". I forgot his name. So, apparently, the Academy Awards don't mean diddly to me anymore. Which, actually, is fine with me, because I don't think the movies are worth diddly anymore. Edie
    With you on Mike Holmes!!! If only he would come to my house!
    And don't know who any of the 'new' actors are any more. What happened to all the great 'second banana' actors? Everyone has to be 'pretty' now.

First of all, I don't know who half these people are. Secondly, they don't live in the real world and I am sick of their self-serving, selfish, me-me-me attitude. It's just not important to me anymore and I used to know all the details of "stars" lives when I was younger.....Sophia Loren holds it above all of these women even into her 80s.

[quote=Julianna]
    Now here is my kind of woman!!!!!! I even remember Sky King's neice, Penny. BUT, anyone on this forum who remembers Rootie Kazootie and sending for the piece of Saran Wrap (a phenomena at that time) so you could past it to the tv screen and draw a ladder so Rootie could get out of the basement and save Polka Dottie? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't watch that kind of stuff, it is just too fake, they all fall all over one another, you'd think they were long lost relatives or something.It's just a fantasy world in acting! It's only for people who can't get real jobs, or think they're God's gift!

Between the Superbowl halftime and the Awards program....I am wondering if I have passed into an parallel dimention, as this 'reality' isn't the one I grew up with...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast