Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taking pre-orders for snowballs!

Bless you!!! I sympathize with you. We had ours in November and hope that was it for
    the next hundred years, (yea, right). We were lucky tho in our area, no power out.
    Hang in there and hope it will pass quickly.
    Elaine in the Buffalo area, Snowvember Storm.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. Last winter we got 18 inches in twenty four hours! Usually we only get a couple inches per winter so this was crazy weather for us. Stock up on coca and stay warm. I am praying for you. Here is a picture of our snow at about 11:00 am and it had only stopped for a few minutes. The ruler is a twelve inch and within an hour it was covered!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I don't miss the snow but miss my family. They live in northern Indiana (Ft.Wayne area and outlying counties). Sending prayers for everyone in it's path. Have been in enough not to want to be in any more! thanks for the offer on the snowballs but I'll pass!

Loving the TWO days off due to storm! I plan to sew and if the power goes out, I'll clean (ya, maybe) or knit.Like a mini vacation.
    Please stay safe all you QBers that make my life special. Oh by the way use the gorgeous fabri dyed in the snow for an art quilt. Looks hot so maybe a sunset or a spectacular sunset. so many ways.
    Each project adds to my stash of knowledge. Love sharing the results with anyone who'll look.

Smile snow

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    YES!! Believe it or not, I miss the snow. Will be in the 60's this week. I want to go home. All I need is hot chocolate, and a quilt.
    feel really bad for all the snow we had plenty lt year be carefull

Blog Entries
    I wish all the trains with empty cargo carriers back east would load them all up with snow and bring them to central Texas or California to dump the load, then go back east for more. That would help the dry states and maybe lessen (ever so slightly) the floods the easterners are expecting with warm temps and all that snow melt.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully you have enough fabric to keep you busy.

Thanks for the offer of snow balls, but we have enough of our own. The little covering of snow on out driveway keeps melting and freezing. I think it's ready for ice skating now. Glad my car is in the garage!!! DH's truck is in the driveway, and I worry about him falling and breaking something. I fell last year and really bumped my head--gave me 2 black eyes, but no head injury and no broken bones--Just looked bad for a week or so. Don't want a repeat, so I think I will stay in the house. Stay safe and inside. That is a lot of snow to shovel. Please be careful.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Oh my!!! Please keep all snow and snowballs your way.lol...We havent had much, I need to move to a much warmer climate. Everyone out east, please be careful, stay in and keep warm.
    Mary

Put all of those gorgeous quilts on top of and on the sides of and all over your freezers. We packed our freezer in sleeping bags the last time that we lost power for any time. DO NOT open it. The only thing that I lost were a few popsicles and we were without power for several days.

I'd like one small, one medium and one large please. Looking for my carrot and coal now......

I confess I'm jealous. I love the silence that descends on the world during a storm and the way the world comes to a halt. Once the snow is done falling, I will be thrilled that we were not affected, but today I wish I was up north.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I just read some reports about the blizzard hitting all of you 'back East', as we say here. Please take care of yourselves and be careful!!!! Thank goodness the snow we had was an unusually calm with no wind...a rarity in the Texas panhandle! I hope all of you kept some of those quilts for your own warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    YES!! Believe it or not, I miss the snow. Will be in the 60's this week. I want to go home. All I need is hot chocolate, and a quilt.
    Yes, I too pine for Massachusetts. Miss the snow and miss family. I remember the Blizzard of '78- was finishing my last semester in college while traveling on a community health nursing assignment. Took 4 hours to travel a 30 minute ride. As years passed by and more winter weather came its way, I remember walking 1 mile to get to work as a critical care/ trauma nurse in a blizzard. Those were the days.
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

If there's an overwhelming demand for more snowballs, i have plenty of the ingredients here in NH as well. Our first snow day this school year. It's been very relaxing so far! Stay safe, everybody!

Thanks for the snow dyeing. That looks so wonderful. What a great blog!

Blog Entries
    Well, got about 26 inches of snow, but not good for snowballs, too fluffy - sorry not able to fill orders! - LOL

Thankfully no power outage, but lots of snow at end of driveway to move! My state, Connecticut, expected wide spread power outages, but we ended up with very few throughout the state. The utility company had even called in help from other states, but released them to go back home at about noon yesterday. Lots of things in my area still closed today to get things cleaned up. (southeastern part of state)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2