Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and young girls

I have one hole in each ear, no tats, no other piercings and my breasts were given to me by God, not a plastic surgeon.
    I work at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas and that puts me in the conservative freak category.

Blog Entries
    I got my first tat on a drunken dare. I was 15 and had it done by a guy named Spyder who had a booth at the fair. I got a teeeeeenie tiiiiiiny heart. Remember I'm 15, my butt isn't mine until I turn 18 so says my mother. I kept it hid for 3 years until ortho adjusting my neck brace from car accident says "Is that a tattoo?" Woman hadn't said anything to me all day except get up get dress, doctor appointment. Now she is screaming at the top of her lungs. Nurses are coming in to check that everything is ok. Didn't quit carrying on about it for over a month

It was nearly 30years before I got another. Now they aren't just decorations or body art, they Honor someone else. I've got these 4, but have several others I plan to have done.

Butterfly Sign of a Survivor
    Name:  Attachment-259433.jpe
Views: 45
Size:  28.1 KB

My 1st Service Dog I had her 12 years
    Name:  Attachment-259434.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  20.5 KB

Ribbons of Courage If you look closely they ribbons look like the letter Y as in "Why?" Why did they have to die?Each ribbon is for someone I've lost.
    Name:  Attachment-259435.jpe
Views: 42
Size:  24.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C
    Love tattoos - got my first one at age 50!
    So did I, now have 3

Quote Originally Posted by bkb
    those cute little rosebuds on your boob will some day be a long stemmed rose.
    LOL bkb, have you been talking to my DH, that's exactly what he says about my cute rosebud - he won't need to buy me a long stemmed rose, I will have my own....permanently

Blog Entries
    oops

My wild child daughter has several. I dislike tattoos in general, but particularily on young people.

Blog Entries
    I love my Tatoo. I always have. And in my 60's it really hasn't deteriorated other than a little colour fading. Sag?
    Nope!
    Mary Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    For all the young girls getting tattoos, remember: A butterfly on the back becomes a buzzard in the crack when you get older!
    ROLFMAO!!!!!
    Ditto!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    I say go for it girls by the time you get that age nobody is gonna care about your butterfly or your crack except for your proctologist.
    heck yes! I got a daisy on my chest years ago ,everyone gave me grief and I told them who cares It can be a sunflower when the girl sag. Who the heck sees them or cares!

Quote Originally Posted by thenonnielady
    My wild child daughter has several. I dislike tattoos in general, but particularily on young people.
    Ditto, to both the wild child, and disliking them.

Blog Entries
    It's not just age, try a pregnancy. And all those "cute" images on the small of the back can prevent one having the spinal/epidural most girls want during labor.

Blog Entries
    I guess I must be lucky then. I got my tatto over 20 yrs ago on the upper part of my breast and it's still a butterfly and it hasn't increased in size in all of these years. About 8yrs ago I even had breast reduction and the doctor was able to keep it in tack. With a large weight loss I can't say that my arms and thighs were so lucky; it hurts to lose weight later in life when your skin doesn't tighten up so well.

I used to want a red rose on a stem over my left breast. Never had time.....If I'd gotten one as a young woman, I'd now have a LONG stemmed red rose!!!!! ROLMAO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    No tats.
    No way.
    J J

Tattoos I don't like those things, why do you want permanent writing on your skin, my son and daoughter have them, my daughter even started doing tattoos at one time, she is a fantastic artist!

I want to live to be 150 years old so I can see the hummingbirds on boobs turn in to old bussards
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
    For all the young girls getting tattoos, remember: A butterfly on the back becomes a buzzard in the crack when you get older!

scared of needles-so no ink!

Rosebuds and daisies you got when young will be ready for the compost heap when you are older!!

I don't even want to wear the same clothes year after year, can't imagine being stuck with the same picture on my body forever!! Not for me, thanks.

My own personal thought is that tattoos do not look female.
    I even saw a gal in a wedding dress with tattoos on her arms and shoulder and it was not pretty.
    It is their life, so it is their choice.

Blog Entries
    not only that, when having a baby many can't have epidermals!! Ouch?.

I have one and plan on getting another.

I got my first about 15 yrs ago. I went with my best friend. She as since passed...

I plan on getting my second and last in the next couple of years, as a tribute to her and the other people that I hold dear to my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    I say go for it girls by the time you get that age nobody is gonna care about your butterfly or your crack except for your proctologist.
    I am with you. Although I did get mine when I was older so everything already fell. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NDQuilts
    It's not just age, try a pregnancy. And all those "cute" images on the small of the back can prevent one having the spinal/epidural most girls want during labor.
    Why ? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C
    Love tattoos - got my first one at age 50!
    So did I, now have 3
    I got my first 2 at 40 after my divorce. And my third a few years ago as a present from my daughter. We both got our sun sign on the back of our necks. I am a Leo and my big tat is a winged lion. I got it after my divorce just above my left boob and a heart with a tear just above my right one . I would have more if not for the fibromyalgia getting so much worse. After my surgery I really wanted to get a vine with flowers that followed the scar I have. The scar goes from my navel under my breast all the way around to under my scapula.It is huge and the tat sure would have looked better than that.

Dix
    Blog Entries
    I worked for a OB/GYN physican and we had a patient who had a pretty butterfly on her low right abdomen. When she was pregnant the wings got bigger and bigger. After she delivered the wings with stretch marks were not pretty!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast