Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us what you're reading...

Tell us what you're reading...

I am an avid reader and I always like to know what other people are reading. I like non-fiction and I read a lot of history. At the moment I am reading Team of Rivals for the 2nd time lol. With the nice weather finally here I have been spending a lot of time outdoors so usually only read at bedtime. I do have one fiction series that I have been reading for years - The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. LOVE Jamie & Claire!! Waiting patiently for newest book to be released - usually takes 3 years between books and new one is due in the Fall I believe. Anyway - let us know whats on your bookshelf - its nice to have someone recommend a new story! Thanks
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Right now I'm hooked on a mystery series with the lead character of Gideon Oliver. He's a forensic archeologist The author is Aaron Elkins.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

"Kanner Lake Series" by Brandilyn Collins. Christian fiction/mystery

Recently I bought the complete set of the Old West Series by Time Life at an auction, so I've been reading through them.

I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Blog Entries
    I'm reading the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas... fascinating, especially if you love history. I've also started Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer. I've barely begun this book, but I think it's going to be very interesting, too...
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Other than reading the quilt board, I don't read much. When I do read I read no-fiction, newspapers, and magazine articles. I use to read more. I use my spare time for making quilts. My Husband reads a lot. He has no hobbies. Daughter and Son both are readers. I read to our kids when they were young.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I am re-reading When Chr ist and his Sai nts Slept by Sharon Kay Penman about Henry I and his dtr Maude and her cousin Stephen who stole her crown before she could get to it. And all the wars that followed that. I'm wearing my wrist braces on both wrists because it's a big book.

Power Poster
    Reading a true account of a woman's struggle to have a child. The title is Bringing in Finn by Sara Connell.

I am reading Calico Joe by John Grisham. Calico Joe is a baseball player.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Calico Joe was a good book. I just finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Piquolt(sp) It was a really good book but The ending left me with lots to think about. (Faith was a little girl)

Jodi Piocoult writes some good books - have read most of hers. I get a lot of free books for my kindle - it's amazing what you can get for free! Some are very good.

My current favorite author is David Baldacci (sp). I just finished his newst The Hit.

For lighter fair I like historical romances. I also have started reading the Outlander series. I tend to read series so am eagerly waiting my turn for the sequel to Outlander. I'm on the ebook waiting list as my daughter told me not to read them out of squence!!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)
    Good one!!!! I'm with you.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

I am reading A Quilter's Holiday by Jennifer Chiaverinni - one of the Elm Creek series -- and author of quilt book Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. All nice stories - and light hearted !

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    My current favorite author is David Baldacci (sp). I just finished his newst The Hit.

For lighter fair I like historical romances. I also have started reading the Outlander series. I tend to read series so am eagerly waiting my turn for the sequel to Outlander. I'm on the ebook waiting list as my daughter told me not to read them out of squence!!!
    Its probably better to read them in order but I actually read Dragonfly in Amber first. Bought it at a garage sale because it was so huge lol - my kids were little then and it took me forever to get through it but then I was hooked!!
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

I just finished reading Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble by Ann B. Ross and C. S. Lewis, A Life by Alister McGrath. I am currently reading Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis and 7 Events That Made America America by Larry Schweikart.

I'm reading "An Invisible Thread" by Laura Schroff, a true story of an 11 year old panhandler, a busy sales executive, and an unlikely meeting with destiny. I started it on Friday and should be able to finish it today, can't put it down. I agree with Nammie to 7, a lot of good books are free for your Kindle. Has anyone read "Apple Pie and Strudel Girls"? It was recommended by someone on the QB but the price of $28 seems a little high and I'm wondering if it is worth the price.

I am reading "When Jesus wept". It is one of many that I am currently reading.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I started reading "The Last Child" by John Hart and was hooked on him as an author. Have since finished everything that he has written.
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
    I started reading "The Last Child" by John Hart and was hooked on him as an author. Have since finished everything that he has written.
    Love this author and everything he's written.

I love mysteries and history. I am now reading Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reilly and You Don't Want To Know by Lisa Jackson.

The last non-fiction I read I loved ... "Devil in the White City" by Eric Larson. It's about the building/running of the Columbian (Worlds) Fair in Chicago and at the same time there was a serial killer in Chicago. It's presented in a style more like a novel than most non-fiction. Leonardo DiCaprio purchased the rights to make the movie as well so I'm hoping a movie actually happens.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I'm reading the last book of the series The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch. I'm reading Ken Follet's Fall of Giants too. For those that haven't read Hawaii By James Michener back in the day, do so! I read it in sixth grade and only remembered highlights so decided to read it again. It's a great saga. I hated for it to end. All of Michener's books are very satisfying reads.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I always am reading more than one book. First of all, "Loved the Last Child". Now I am reading a second book by Louise Erdrich, "Four Souls" after having just finished "Tracks". I am also reading "A Tale of Two Cities" and "The Blue Zone". Some days it is hard for me to decide between reading and quilting so I always have a quilt to work on in my lap at night while watching mindless TV.
    Mary
    Mary
    Quilts cover us with warmth and love!
    Make quilts not war

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast