Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Quilters

I live in Round Rock, which is just north of Austin. Is anyone here participating in the Bluebonnet Shop Hop in Central Texas the weekend of April 14-17?

I'm in Benbrook - west part of Ft. Worth.

My sister and brother-in-law live and teach/coach in Hewitt.
    Scherrie

Have not been around for awhile,sick and in hospital.Went to a retreat this past weekend and had a wonderful time.Did not get much done,to busy catching up!..............neoma

Neoma, glad you enjoyed your retreat and that you are feeling better! I have been planting flowers and not much sewing lately.

Where is everyone?No new posts in a long time.I attended guild today,we worked on Quilts Of Valor so fullfilling.Last year our guild sent 72 QOV.Anyone done pillowcases for the 1 million thingy?.........neoma

I'm in the northern panhandle of Texas about 60 mi. NE of Amarillo

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    OK I found this post late. I recognize some of you ladies. I live in BLuff Dale which is 70 miles south of Ft. Worth, between Stephenville and Granbury. I think I iwll print out this post and then try to map us all out and see about middle points. This iwll be intersting. ANyone already done
    this? This was fun. I know of five of us in the Ft. Worth area. I would love to see where this goes. Happy quilting.

EXCELLENT idea! I'm in Sherman

Anyone going to the Quilt Show in Nacodoches this weekend? I can't go :cry: Hope someone goes and takes tons of pics to share!

Did you gals ever get together? I just noticed the dates on this thread sorry I'm late to the game but love reading about all of you and seeing what's going on.

Thank you for sharing :D

I plan to along with two other Board Members in my area to the show in Nacodoches on Friday.I sure would like for someone to plan a meet,sounds like fun.I am in Fairfield and know four members close by that would like the same...Now who said they would get this going huummmm.neoma

I'm from Stratford - as far north as you can get in Texas.

I'm from Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by neoma
    I plan to along with two other Board Members in my area to the show in Nacodoches on Friday.I sure would like for someone to plan a meet,sounds like fun.I am in Fairfield and know four members close by that would like the same...Now who said they would get this going huummmm.neoma
    Oooooohhhh :mrgreen: SO green w/envy! lol! Love your name, Neoma, my grandmother's sister was named Nioma, so pretty :D Well, PULEEEEEZE take pics for me coz I can't go. When's the next quilting show and when do the retreats start, I plan to go, especially if it has cooled off, I think I have been set to broil up here on the Lake!!!

Yes, someone plan the get-together I want to meet as many of you as I can!
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltin Grammy
    Grammy, is that the same Stratford that's up by the Colorado border??? :-o If so, yes, that's about as north as you can get w/o crossing the border wow!

Quote Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
    I'm from Illinois.
    LoL! Yes you are and I LOVE your avatar pic! Wish I were in Illinois where it's cool ... *sigh* :roll:

Okay, back to my projects for a while, check on you gals a little later! :D

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    TerriM in ROundrock...please send me some donuts......love them. I have a picture of me and hubby standing by the Big rock. My DIL and lived in Austin a while. Nice to see you on the board.

Just found this thread. I live in Rhome, just north of Fort Worth. The town is so big we don't even have traffic lights. Would love to meet other quilters.

It's great to hear all of ya'll from Texas. I was born and raised in Wichita Falls, spent a couple of years in Lubbock, another 2 or 3 in Garland/Dallas. Have been in Knoxville, TN since 1973. I still have family in the Dallas area and in Wichita Falls, but we don't get out that way very often. Sometimes I still get homesick for the wide open skies, the mesquite trees, and the great pecans among many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda B
    It's great to hear all of ya'll from Texas. I was born and raised in Wichita Falls, spent a couple of years in Lubbock, another 2 or 3 in Garland/Dallas. Have been in Knoxville, TN since 1973. I still have family in the Dallas area and in Wichita Falls, but we don't get out that way very often. Sometimes I still get homesick for the wide open skies, the mesquite trees, and the great pecans among many other things.
    I LOVE Knoxville! My ex and his family are from there, his father still lives there, his mother passed two years ago and my kiddos still go 2x/year to for the family reunion. I LOVE the smokies *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by HapaMom
    Grammy, is that the same Stratford that's up by the Colorado border??? :-o If so, yes, that's about as north as you can get w/o crossing the border wow!

Yes, that's the same Stratford. 20 miles from Oklahoma line and not very far from the New Mexico line.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsgjs
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaLou
    South of Sherman
    Hi. How far south of Sherman? My husband is from Howe.

We live in Rogers, just east of Temple.
    I know someone from Rogers....related to my DIL...I'm 13 miles west of Franklin in the country. That's about 50 miles N of B/CS

Quote Originally Posted by HapaMom

Yes, that's the same Stratford. 20 miles from Oklahoma line and not very far from the New Mexico line.
    WOW! That's way up there! *waving*

Quilt Show in Nacodoches was awesome.Did not take camera out of purse,shame on me!If you have never been there you need to take a trip to The Oldest Town In Texas.A sight to behold!QS in town is a part of The East Texas Shop which will be held July 14 and 17.pm me for more info...neoma

Dallas show is in March Houston is in the first weekend of Nov or last of Oct. I live east of Austin 40 miles

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast