Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People >

To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People

To Thank You All For Being Such Neat People

Old 01-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Does your machine have a start/stop button? Would that be something you could try? I think it's important to have goals and you certainly seem to have the determination to make this work. The important thing is you haven't given up. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 AM

In a split second your whole world changed. What a powerful inspiration you are to those of us who complain of our little aches and pains. You are in my prayers.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Robin H
When I signed on here, I had mentioned that I had a bad car accident.

August 13th, I was heading north less than a block from my home when a guy heading south cut me off with a left turn so he could get into a parking lot driveway. He smashed into the front wheel on my driver's side, and plowed me up over a curb and into a block wall. My knees smashed into the dash board, my right ankle was jammed onto the pedal. My left thumb was jammed back into its joint and won't budge, my left wrist, arm and shoulder are all messed up. I had a concussion, whiplash, back and neck injuries, and nerve damage to my legs. I have been bedridden until recently.

A neurologist that I saw last month had the nerve to tell me that I would never walk or drive again.

"Well, I'll show you," I thought, and decided that I had to take matters into my own hands. With the help of a walker and a cane, I am getting better at walking every day. I found that it is next to impossible to push the foot pedal on my sewing machine but I had the determination to do it and I work at it a little at a time. To sew without the use of my left thumb is an enormous challenge, especially when my whole left arm is weak and painful and just about every other part of my body is in pain 24 hours a day.

I made the Raggedy Ann and her clothes using my own pattern, some time ago. I hope to be able to get back to that level of sewing some day. Until then, struggling with another pair of potholders will keep me in the "quilting" realm.

Although I have only been at the quilting board a short time, you have all been so kind with your encouragement and positive comments, not only to me but to each other. It brightens my day to be "around" such kind and thoughtful people.

I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Hopefully he will give me a better prognosis. Wish me luck?
"We must sometimes see the darkness, so that we may see the stars". My prayers are with you. Glad to hear you are moving forward with different doctors. Don't give up!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 AM

I will be thinking about and praying for you. I admire your spirit, please never give up.

They do make sewing machines with push-button on/off switches so you don't have to use the foot control.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Oh, best of luck to you on your Dr. visit. Kudos to you for your attitude and each little baby step you take on the long road "back". I know that someday you'll walk into that Dr's office and show him! We'll be here to cheer you on girl!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 AM

Prayers for you and your Doctors!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:08 AM

I think God has guided you to the right place. This QB is the best support you could ever find. God bless you. Hope the DR. has great news. :roll:
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 AM

Robin...Luck has nothing to do with it. Sheer will and determination has gotten you up and moving. I admire your spunk! You have been dealt a bad hand and are making the best of it.
I am glad this board gives you some pleasure. I hope my jokes bring you a few laughs. I only wish there was more I could do to help!
I hope you continue to progress. Let us know what the ortho has to say!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM

You will be in our prayers. Never give up. You can slowly gain your strength back while you are sewing great to use your muscles again. Pot holders are a great gift too. We are going to help you all we can. Just let us know if we can help. God is Love, and quilters Give that love abundantly. Marvel
Old 01-26-2011, 08:18 AM

You sound like a lady who knows what she is capable of. Keep plugging away and you will certainly see results. Best wishes during your recovery.