Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Those Little Bra Hooks

Never dreamed I would get this many answers. It's going to feel funny taking home wet bras from the laundromat, but I will see what happens.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to give you the bad news, but bras should be considered hand-wash only. On the bright side, you won't be taking wet bras home from the laundromat.
    Barbara

Samuel Johnson - Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
    Thank you Anniedeb. I was beginning to think I was the only one who wasn't a bra coddler. I've never had a problem either.
    LOL!!! I don't coddle either! My bras aren't cheap....and I have seriously never had a problem with hooks. (I also remove the underwire from any bra I buy...simply HATE wires!!)

Blog Entries
    I've used lingerie wash bags for years and have no problems, No more than 3 bras per bag.

I hook the hooks so they can't snag other laundry. My problem is the straps getting tangled with narrow things so I need to start using my lingerie bag. Hand wash - not me, because they just seem cleaner from the washer. Never into the dryer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    I've used lingerie wash bags for years and have no problems, No more than 3 bras per bag.
    I only have three bras - one on, one in the wash and one just in case!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Quote Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
    Sorry to give you the bad news, but bras should be considered hand-wash only. On the bright side, you won't be taking wet bras home from the laundromat.
    Why should they be hand washed........

I am not a bra coddled either.......and have not had any probs with hooks getting caught...I don't wear under wires....nor do I have any of the bras that lift and fill.....enough of my own to worry about.......when the hooks/eyes do come undone or bent...just means time to go bra shopping......love all the colors they come in now.....

I hook my bras before laundering. I also place them in a mesh laundry bag and wash them and underwear on a gentle setting, then hang them to dry. I find that bras and delicate panties last a long time that way.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I quit buying the underwires a long time ago. $15.00 max at walmart. takes forever for them to dry in our humidity. Throw in a bag, hooked and on low. I wash in cold on gentle. Dryer low heat for about 25 done.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I don't buy the padded as I also have enough. But I make sure there's enough so no one can see if the "lights" are on!!

I have the same mesh bag as Quilty Louise and it's terrific! Line dry always, the heat makes the elasticity stretch out of shape.

I don't use a lingerie bag but I do hook them and just wash with stuff that's not got any lacy or catchy bits. I need all the support I can get (small back/heavy front) so underwires are a must.....I don't like them at all (nothing worse than underwire breaking free and working it's way out).

I hook the sides together before they go in the wash. Then hang to dry. easy peasy

from above: I only have three bras - one on, one in the wash and one just in case!!!! Edie

Edie, this was my mothers mantra, which I heard the first day I got bras. Works for me, I still abide by it
    Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 04-12-2015 at 08:29 AM.

I'm going to start keeping mine hooked too!

Here's a tip on zippers-zip them up before washing and your zippers will never fail again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2