Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tylee's Dog Food  - Have you tried it?  Limited time offer >

Tylee's Dog Food - Have you tried it? Limited time offer

Tylee's Dog Food - Have you tried it? Limited time offer

Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Default Tylee's Dog Food - Have you tried it? Limited time offer

I have a miniature dachshund and am cautious about dog foods that would cause her to easily gain weight. Right now I have her on Royal Canin Teckel.

Currently there is a free bag offer on Chewy.com for its brand of human grade dog food. The main ingredient is usually (pork, beef, fowl) heart and liver. Has anyone tried it who has miniature breeds? I'd appreciate your comments.

https://www.chewy.com/s?query=*&quer...ource=November
Old 11-09-2017, 05:49 AM

I stick with Blue Mountain for small dogs for my Yorky. It's the one dog food she will eat on her own that I don't have to hand feed her. She also gets Milk Bones ...the really small ones. Still, she is almost 9.5 pounds....large for a Yorky.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:22 AM

I feed this to my Shichon he loves it but I think he might be gaining a litttle weight. I have to be careful not to give him too much.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:30 AM

Thanks so much for your input. I used to feed Blue Mountain until I found the dachshund food. I want to make sure her joints stay healthy. I had to change from Blue Mountain for my cat to Halo. She was devouring the Blue Mountain and nagging me for more. She eats more normally with the Halo.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

We have a cat who has diabetes and allergies and we have put him on a no-grain diet. He's doing fantastic! I know this isn't about dog food but when we get a dog we'll probably do something similar. So many pet foods are filled with junk that isn't good for them. We have to take care of our furkids
Old 11-10-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
We have a cat who has diabetes and allergies and we have put him on a no-grain diet. He's doing fantastic! I know this isn't about dog food but when we get a dog we'll probably do something similar. So many pet foods are filled with junk that isn't good for them. We have to take care of our furkids
No grain diets often help dogs with allergies and just general health, too. They don't need grain in their diet and it often causes a lot of problems. I feed a raw food diet to my dachshunds and have for years. They have fewer health problems and just seem healthier more energetic. No grain is definitely the way to go.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 PM

My dog and cat both get either Acana or Orijen brand foods. For the dog I tend to stick with single source protien mixes, such as lamb and sweet potato or Pork and Squash. Helps her allergies.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
No grain diets often help dogs with allergies and just general health, too. They don't need grain in their diet and it often causes a lot of problems. I feed a raw food diet to my dachshunds and have for years. They have fewer health problems and just seem healthier more energetic. No grain is definitely the way to go.
Your comment jogged my memory from two years ago (before I found Royal Canin dog food). My dachshund had periodic scratching issues. She has since stopped. I also changed her her parasite drops to a collar. So it could have been one or the other or both.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:34 PM

I have a pit bull and I also need very good and high-quality food. Now it is difficult to find good quality dog food and I am often afraid to buy something from the store because manufacturers want only one thing-benefits and money and the main thing for me is the health of my dog, so I try to feed my pet only natural food or proven feed with additives and vitamins . To be honest, the veterinarian helped me choose the food and told me how to feed the dog properly. I am not an expert so I went to the vet I have been feeding the dog like this for more than a year and it is very cheerful and energetic