Update in 321 Cake

Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Default Update in 321 Cake

I have been making this cake for a couple of months and last night I tried something different with it. I opened a can of peaches and drained them saved the juice, placed peaches in bottom of bowl and made the batter with the juice insted of water poured over the peaches and microwaved..............quick and easy peach cobbler. Was very good. My cake mixture is Yellow and Angel Food. I am sure it would work with just about any canned fruit.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 AM

This is such a great recipe. Thanks for testing some alternatives!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Waiting for the strawberries to get ripe to use cake as shortcake! Yummmmmmmm............
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM

I did the same thing with blackberries. Today I chopped walnuts and added to my batter and the result was a little denser more cake like product. I also had some strawberry jam from the summer that didn't set up properly so I poured some over the finished cake and added the whipped topping. This is my favorite dessert now and I see no end to the possibilities. I want to find a friend to swap some of the mix with. We'll be eating this flavor for a long time at this rate and I want to try different ones. I don't know where this recipe came from but it's brilliant! Thank you!
Just had another thought! Maybe a pineapple ring with a cherry in the middle and a little brown sugar, then the batter of a yellow angel food mixture. I have to try this one!

Last edited by athomenow; 02-08-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 PM

I bagged up some of the mix--- 3 tablespoons each, and gave about 15 portions to my coffee friends. I still have a big bag full. Someone also suggested not mixing the two mixes. Just use 1 1/2 tbsp of each, then mix.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by ewecansew View Post
I bagged up some of the mix--- 3 tablespoons each, and gave about 15 portions to my coffee friends. I still have a big bag full. Someone also suggested not mixing the two mixes. Just use 1 1/2 tbsp of each, then mix.
I scanned down the list of past topics here, to number 250, and didn't find "321 Cake" so would you please clarify: are you saying you only need 3 Tblsp. of cake mix to put over fruit & nuke?? Was the first posting above talking about using a whole box of cakemix over a drained can of peaches? Sorry, guess I missed the initial posting and would like to try this idea.
Thanks.

Last edited by postal packin' mama; 02-08-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
I scanned down the list of past topics here, to number 250, and didn't find "321 Cake" so would you please clarify: are you saying you only need 3 Tblsp. of cake mix to put over fruit & nuke?? Was the first posting above talking about using a whole box of cakemix over a drained can of peaches? Sorry, guess I missed the initial posting and would like to try this idea.
Thanks.
Look under "3-2-1 Cake" from 01-10-12
Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 AM

I like the sound of that........Pineapple upside down I will have to try that myself while I still have some of the yellow and Angel left. I like the idea of 1 1/2 teaspoon each instead of mixing the whole thing. That way you can have a little verity I think I will try that this time as I have Cinnamon Swirl cake to try. Sure get some good ideas here about everything not jus sewing and quilting.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 AM

Tablespoons not teaspoons. I read your comment and got confused so I went back to the original. So if you are not mixing the two cakes it would be 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS of each cake.
Originally Posted by Becky Mc View Post
I like the sound of that........Pineapple upside down I will have to try that myself while I still have some of the yellow and Angel left. I like the idea of 1 1/2 teaspoon each instead of mixing the whole thing. That way you can have a little verity I think I will try that this time as I have Cinnamon Swirl cake to try. Sure get some good ideas here about everything not jus sewing and quilting.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 AM

I tried the pineapple upside down cake last night, except I had tidbits. It worked well. My mix is the carrot cake and angel food.---still have lots left. -----yes, it is 3 tablespoons.