Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
USPS and their failures and triumphs >

USPS and their failures and triumphs

USPS and their failures and triumphs

Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM

Sewing suz purchased several rulers from me on February 15. I mailed a well-packaged, well taped package on February 16. I kept waiting to here from her to let me know the rulers had arrived safely. Nothing. Sewingsuz had contacted me about them several times and we communicated well, but still no rulers. I told her that if they weren't there by the March 1, let me know and that I would refund her money. March 1st came, still no rulers. I refunded her money and then later Sewing suz has a change of heart, wanted to be fair and she resent a partial payment. Isn't this board just great! Then we both had our opinions about the USPS. Today, the shock of my life. On the computer is a topic, SewingSuz has sent you money, there was a pm from SewingSuz and it read that the rulers had arrived after 16 days. I am grateful as this whole event bothered me. Keeping my word is pretty important and it wasn't about what I had lost, it was about not being able to get those rulers delivered. I am so glad they showed up. Sewing Suz was wonderful about this who episode. I will be using delivery confirmation from here on.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:29 PM

It's still a happy ending, don't you think?? :roll:
Old 03-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Glad everything worked out well in the end...

~Im west of springfield.30 min out...Small world..

Originally Posted by jdiane318
Sewing suz purchased several rulers from me on February 15. I mailed a well-packaged, well taped package on February 16. I kept waiting to here from her to let me know the rulers had arrived safely. Nothing. Sewingsuz had contacted me about them several time and we communicated well, but still no rulers. I told her that if they weren't there by the March 1, let me know and that I would refund her money. March 1st came, still no rulers. I refunded her money and then later Sewing suz has a change of heart, wanted to be fair and she resend a partial payment. Isn't this board just great! Then we both had our opinions about the USPS. Today, the shock of my life. On the computer is a topic, SewingSuz has sent you money, there was a pm from SewingSuz and it read that the rulers had arrived after 16 days. I am grateful as this whole event bothered me. Keeping my word is pretty important and it wasn't about what I had lost, it was about not being able to get those rulers delivered. I am so glad they showed up. Sewing Suz was wonderful about this who episode. I will be using delivery confirmation from here on.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM

That is great!...Isn't it frustrating when you don't know what happened to your package..you are on pins and needles until it arrives...and insurance for some things is absolutely out of the question as it costs more that the items...so happy it all worked out...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Delivery Confirmation really doesn't do anything more for you. As USPS told me, DC is not a tracking device...the only thing it is required to tell you is when it arrives (if it arrives).

If it's lost in limbo for awhile or lost forever, you will never get the "arrived" date/time.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:49 PM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I work for the good ole PO and I must say it's very difficult to eplain to customers why these things happen. Could be the address was wrong or not readable on the machines, the zip code wrong or maybe the wrong postage or just plain old human error by a postal employee. Working there for over 31 years I've seen my share of what can go wrong, there really is always an explanation. Did you ever contact the PO where it was delivered to see what they had to say? Also you didn't say how you mailed it...first class, parcel post, etc. You always hear of the "one" piece that didn't get delivered and never all the rest that do get delivered on time (like your bills...lol). I'm so glad that it was found and delivered because trust me, the one thing the PO wants to do is deliver the mail as quickly and proficiently as possible. Delivery Confirmation is a good way to track what you have sent, but if you have had good luck with sending your packages by any other means you should continue to do that. Don't let one mishap persuade you to spend any more money than you have to.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:56 PM

I had ordered something last week that was delayed because a train car had derailed.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Ive ordered numerous supplies from the Po (FRE's) and the box is torn, damaged and or crushed... and yes Ive ordered a few FRE's month ago that still say pending!! Still waiting- was faster to order more than to wait for it..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Ive ordered numerous supplies from the Po (FRE's) and the box is torn, damaged and or crushed... and yes Ive ordered a few FRE's month ago that still say pending!! Still waiting- was faster to order more than to wait for it..
Forgive me - what does FRE mean?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 PM

FRE = Flat Rate Envelope