Walmart frustration

Old 12-29-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou
The ONLY thing Wal-Mart is interested in is the bottom line. ... but we don't have anything else in this town.
It is the same here ... no other choices! :-(
Old 12-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

yep, in hobby lobby fabrics i've had to go to the check out counter to get help. sometimes there is a sign to go to framing, but they just give this blank stare!!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM
QKO

Starting to understand why you pay a little more at your local small businesses? It's called SERVICE!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:34 PM

In Wallyworld this is true. My son used to work there they have a new thing now that people must be crossed trained in departments they are not trained in. the the DUH factor!! I do not like this place either. BUt it is cheaper than most places

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Ugh, retail! I have found that most of the time it isnt the workers fault, there just isnt enough of the workers to go around. They are trying to do 10 jobs at once. Its so sad that customer service isnt a priority anymore!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

On a bright note- it sounds like you got good exercise today with all that walking !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM

All the more reason to visit the nearest LQS (which is a good hour for me).
Old 12-29-2010, 01:42 PM

I must be one of the lucky ones with a half way decent Walmart. Hate the new remodel, but have noticed lots of changes based on customers complaints. Can usually get help, even in the fabric department lately. was there this morning and must have had 5 different workers ask if I found what I needed. I have done lots of complaining there when I am not satisfied.
Have to say, I was downstate (MI) lately, and get a lot more help here in the north.
brenda in MI
Old 12-29-2010, 01:54 PM

They are cutting hours in all the Walmart's and making their workers do maybe up to 3 departments just one person to that many departments.

They don't want any full time workers there too.

They are hiring off the street people for minium wage and cutting the older people's hours because they don't want to pay their wages.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM

To expect someone that makes minimum wage to actually be knowledgeable in electronics is asking a whole lot. All they do is take stuff out of boxes and put it on shelves.

If you want service go to an actual electronics store or fabric store.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Had a similar problem in Joann's the other day. I just had surgery and cannot drive myself so I had to have my hubby take me there about a 40 minute drive one direction. Store was half empty. I was looking for something for a pattern that I usually dont buy and I dont know what it even looks like.

Could NOT find anybody to help me. Now I am currently walking with a cane...visibly handicapped. After walking over half the store, I finally find and employee, the employee POINTS me back to the general direction of where I started. Does not offer to assist me. I had intended to buy a few hundred dollars of stuff and had a full cart. I could not find the item AGAIN. I took the full cart and shoved it as hard as I could until it hit a display, which did not topple over...DARN!!! And I walked out in tears.

Hubby took me to Hancocks even though I insisted that I wanted to go home. I hobbled in. A woman came up to me and said you look like you could use some help what can I help you with. She acted like my personal shopper.

I have spent my last dime at Joann's.