Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Warning about the mail and your packages... >

Warning about the mail and your packages...

Warning about the mail and your packages...

Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

That is horrible. Did you notify the post office.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
My son sent a package to Ohio with lots of valentine stuff in it, the box got there but not the contents,the box was taped back up, torn label and all. Definitely P.O., probably their carrier. Other people on his route had the same thing happen to them. He's still doing the same route.
It's awful that people have to resort to stealing! I know times are tought, but c'mon, that's just not right.

That carrier should be under an investigation and if found guilty, fired!
Old 08-14-2010, 12:47 PM

Sick person is right, why would anyone do that, I would contact toh post officeand have them check where it stoped,on its way and raise some He-- and maybe they can catch the thief.

Originally Posted by mrspete
oh how sad. Now that was a sick person to do that. So sorry to hear it. Well the Postman left my box on the porch while we weren't here. It had a delivery confirmation on it but they didn't wait nor turn it back in to be picked at the window. Man, that stink, though. Bless you both, Ruth
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 PM

I had this happen years ago.

I sent a few gifts to my Mom for Christmas. Among them was a gag gift, a family tradition, my gag gift to my Mom that year was a cheetah print thong. Her package never arrived, I filed a claim and had to resend her gifts, this time UPS.

So I am assuming some postal worker is wearing them...........LOL
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM

What gets me is that the post office asks if you want insurance. The last time they asked I told them that I was PAYING THEM to deliver the package safely and shouldn't NEED to insure it!

Sorry you lost out on the special contents--what's worse is that somebody put precious time and special effort into it just to see that you would be happy and surprised, so their day has also been ruined!

There doesn't even seem to be honor among thieves these days, does there?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Yes, I sent a package to a dear friend In Australia, My Fault.i sent it in a yellow envelope, should of used a small box..it had a scissors pal in it, some fabric and books...they took the scissor pal out and some of the material..and threw it back into the mail...how MEAN!..i was so hurt...but i learned my lesson....in a box with plenty of Tape!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM

a group of people made by son a quilt while in baghdad, and he shipped all his stuff home, when his tour was up.

half of his stuff never made it.including the quilt. now that sucks...
Old 08-14-2010, 04:56 PM

First off, please don't assume that all of these incidents regarding lost or damaged pkgs are done by 'theives'. Yes, there are some of them, and sooner or later they will be found out and fired. It may take awhile, but when these events occur, please contact the 1-800 # or go visit www.usps.com and file a complaint. At least this way someone has to respond to you specifically. Almost all mail today is processed by machine, letters, flats, parcels, etc. If something gets hung up, it can create alot of damage to other parcels in the mail stream. Often it is not as easy to determine where loose contents may have originated. I've never worked in the 'plant' but I've been on the other end and received both in parcel sacks.
By both I mean loose contents as well as packages that are not sealed.

Most of the time there is little I could do other than tape up the box and tag it with a received in damaged condition at ______ and initial it. At least if it does have insurance a claim can be filed and reimbursement paid for loss or damages.

Please know that the vast majority of postal workers are hard working and they do care. The job is certainly not near as easy as everyone thinks it is.

Oh, and if there were articles floating that I could not determine where they originated or the destination point then I forwarded them on to the dead parcel branch for our district.

Also, please accept my sincere apologies for the damage and loss sustained to your package. It is vitally important to contact your local Postmaster if at all possible so that he or she may take note of any of situations such as this on this particular route. If your carrier is breaking the law, then likely this isn't a one of a kind event. It is never a matter of IF, it is a matter of WHEN one gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:16 PM

I ordered something from a board member over two weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet. I have feared that this might be the case. Hopefully it will arrive in tact this week.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:19 PM

That is just awful!!! I am sorry this happened to you. I tape and tape also. They may get it opened, but it will not be fast or easy. :thumbup: