Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Warning-- new scam not from Apple

Warning-- new scam not from Apple

Last night I got an email purporting to be from APPLE. The subject line said "your Apple ID has been suspended". The body of the mail was one of those where you have to click the bar to see pix and the sender can id your computer. I knew right away it was a scam because it came on my desktop to my address with my server (not a Mac computer) I told myself, "if this is legit it would have come thru my icloud acct on my iPad. Blocked and deleted. A warning for all who have Apple products--OR NOT! I'm sure they are sending randomly, whoever "they" are.

I sure have a lot of junk popping up on my IPad this morning. Anyone else having this problem?

Blog Entries
    I did yesterday and ONLY on this site. Today it's all good. YIPPEE!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I got that Apple one a couple days ago. I instantly deleted it ,the only apple's I have I eat. Beware of the ones from PayPal- there are at least 3 different ones from them that are not real. A friend of mine is a computer whiz and he has spent the last 2 weeks undoing PayPal virus's. The one I got from them came addressed to me saying ==URGENT== your Paypal acct # has been entered ilegaly. I don't have a PayPal acct. but if I did I'm pretty sure they would spell their name and 'illegally' correctly.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I delete everything from Paypal, don't use it. If in doubt, I throw it out in the direction of the junk box for phishing and scams, dirt. I got one from Apple. I don't have a Mac computer or apple account.