Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Water Bottle Carrier

Water Bottle Carrier

Next spring DD and I are going to Paducah for the Quilt Show. I can't wait. I found this water bottle carrier pattern to make our trip a little easier. Here is a link to the website for the pattern. http://www.pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/...ottle-carrier/ . It took me 2 1/2 hours to make this from picking fabric to the last stitch. The instructions were easy to follow and the best part was I made it from stash (it's Laurel Burch fabric). It's really comfortable to wear and a 16.9 fl oz. bottle of water fits in it perfectly. I made my strap from fabric which is different from the instructions because I didn't have any ribbon. Worked great. DD is coming over on Saturday to make one for herself.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  62.5 KBName:  002.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  80.5 KB

Just thought I would share in case anyone else needs something like this.

We are also going to make ourselves some seat belt pillows for the car. Yeah. That tutorial is at this link: https://domesticwonder.wordpress.com...llow-tutorial/.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I see early morning mall walkers with these all the time.

Thanks for the post. I have been wanting to make one myself. It has been in the 90s where I live for the last two months and may continue thru October.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Oh I love it. love the fabric too. been meaning to make myself one, never got around to it.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

You did a great job. Thanks for sharing the link.

Something to think about....the International Quilt Festival doesn't allow you to bring in outside food or drinks because they have vendors who sell those items. Of course, they can't see what's in a carry bag and you could carry it openly after getting in the show. Then they don't know where it came from. I don't know if Paducah has the same rules.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

So cute and love the fabric too.
    Sandra

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    You did a great job. Thanks for sharing the link.

Something to think about....the International Quilt Festival doesn't allow you to bring in outside food or drinks because they have vendors who sell those items. Of course, they can't see what's in a carry bag and you could carry it openly after getting in the show. Then they don't know where it came from. I don't know if Paducah has the same rules.
    Good point.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the link to the pattern.

DS and I are going to Disneyland at the end of this month and it will be hot. This project will make it easier to keep water handy. I know he will not carry one, but I will definitely want one.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Very nice, often thought about making one but was never sure how to go about it. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing

I made a few of them for GK's. They really like them too. I'll make one for myself someday too. Seems just not enough time for all my projects. Thanks for the reminder. Yours is great!

Water bottle carrier

Quote Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
    Next spring DD and I are going to Paducah for the Quilt Show. I can't wait. I found this water bottle carrier pattern to make our trip a little easier. Here is a link to the website for the pattern. http://www.pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/...ottle-carrier/ . It took me 2 1/2 hours to make this from picking fabric to the last stitch. The instructions were easy to follow and the best part was I made it from stash (it's Laurel Burch fabric). It's really comfortable to wear and a 16.9 fl oz. bottle of water fits in it perfectly. I made my strap from fabric which is different from the instructions because I didn't have any ribbon. Worked great. DD is coming over on Saturday to make one for herself.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  62.5 KBName:  002.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  80.5 KB

Just thought I would share in case anyone else needs something like this.

We are also going to make ourselves some seat belt pillows for the car. Yeah. That tutorial is at this link: https://domesticwonder.wordpress.com...llow-tutorial/.
    Thanks for the tutorial on this - I've been wanting to do this for a long time
    Creativity is the essence of the soul
    Sandi

Thanks! I bookmarked it and hopefully can get one made before I attend our state fair later this month. I have a carrier that goes on my belt loop but I think I would like this one better.

Connie

Blog Entries
    I made one yesterday. Very proud of myself with the French seam. Thanks for the link.
    Going to show it off tomorrow at our quilt meeting.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain