Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Brings YOU Joy?

Seeing a grandchild having a quiet moment when they think no one is looking. Any one of the three grand kids calling me Grandma. My two rescue dogs fussing over who gets to sit in my lap. They are both big dogs LOL! Early morning wildlife near my house. I live in Colorado so I never know what I will see! The sunset over the Rocky Mountains never fails to get me. Seeing my DH when I least expect it. I could go on and on but I won't.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

This beats out everything, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i am overjoyed that my #7 grandchild was born this morning at 4:13 at over 5 pounds because he was only at 32 weeks gestation . he's in an incubator but should be out soon.
    Attachment 512434
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

There's so much to be joyful about and thankful for. It's easy to forget that with the constant barrage of bad news. I really just wanted to say congrats to the new grandma!!

Spending time with my loved ones, hubby, sons and daughters, and grandkids.

Right now it's hearing my sweet husband playing with our 9 month old Granddaughter.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Just reading these can bring tears to my eyes. A summer sunrise, thanking God for the beauty He has given us; Babies so sweet and innocent; all my family gathered around the dinning room table; the American Flag flying high and free. I have more blessings than I can count.

Congratulations QuiltnNan.................what a beautiful baby.
    My favorites:
    Our three children, my husband and I, all together for whatever occasion,
    babies,
    grandchildren playing and pointing out the world from their innocent but observant eyes,
    an older couple holding hands,
    our 2 puppies romping in the woods with my DH, all three with pure joy in their eyes and hearts,
    our gorgeous sunsets over the prairie,
    wildlife,
    the first buds and flowers of Spring,
    birds at the feeder,
    a raptor gliding across the sky,
    sunshine, dew drops on the grass, hoarfrost on the grasses and trees,
    the first (and last) snowflakes of winter LOL

My joy is being with my family.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Looking at my DH setting in the room with me when I came so close to loosing him. Seeing my Children happy and well. Hearing my DGC laughing and having fun. Knowing my God is with me and is there for me whenever I need Him.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    Looking at my DH setting in the room with me when I came so close to loosing him. Seeing my Children happy and well. Hearing my DGC laughing and having fun. Knowing my God is with me and is there for me whenever I need Him.
    Amen. You said it well.
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

Blog Entries
    I love to hear kids running around, being kids. I also love playing with my dog, he is hilarious! I also love trying to sew and having Bruno ( my cat) do everything he can to get my hands off the fabric, and on him., or off the tablet, the computer, a book, whatever I am doing when it is time to pet the cat! Lol! I also love the never ending battle DH has with miss kitty over his lap, she thinks he should sit when ever she wants to nap. Visiting with my daughters, and friends, making quilts, dolls, clothing, just about anything made of fabric are other things that make me happy! I have lots to be thankful for and never forget that "it could be worse".
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Being with my family, knowing that my husband cherishes me, the beauty of nature, focusing on my blessings

I had a health scare 3 years ago when I realized how close I was to the other side. It puts a different perspective on what a gift it is to have another day to enjoy.
    Lori

My joy is my family but being a home health aid was also a joy. I so loved the elderly I took care of. They were all like grandparents to me. I am thinking of them all as I sit here and laughing to my self over some of the things they did.
    Mrs. D was a 96 yr old little Italian lady who was full of stories about coming to America.She had a hinged brace that she stepped into and it came over her knee. After a morning bath she would put on her stocking then the brace all by herself. When the brace was on she would hit her knee and listen for the click which meant she did it right and could get up and walk. Robert was in his 70's and worked hard at thinking up new tricks to play on me he was so funny every day I went to him was a treat. His wife would just say "Oh, thank God your here". He wouldn't listen to me,lol.

The collage art professor who asked if I minded if he walked around naked since he was going to take a shower anyway( And George who came from Austria and managed a well known hotel in NYC. He said for sure there was a PIPPY LONGSTOCKING. He and his wife would tell me all about the Christmas Balls they would have and how he and his wife would open the ball with the first waltz. I was also his secretary and would write letters to his son who still lived in Austria. Then Helen who was a rather large lady who went into the shower with her clothes on so I wouldn't see her naked. LOL the shower door was plain glass. Guess she forgot about that. So many more and such fun times.

Many things bring me joy...sunrises, sunsets, majestic mountains, a snow fall, mother nature unleashing the buds of spring, or the colors of fall. Wildlife, clouds, country roads and churches. My absolute joy comes from my family...DH, DS's DIL and two DGS. When we are all together I love just watching each one, interact with everyone else, laughing, joking and just talking. A grandchild curled up on my lap. Sometimes I think my heart will burst!!

Blog Entries
    Seeing your avatar. That made me smile.

Uuuuuh, FABRIC and SEWING! Madamekelly is the only one that mentioned sewing and fabric, LOL! Is this the quilting board? Just kidding, everything else that everyone already said too!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Pug doggies. But if I had QuiltnNan's grand baby, I would be over the moon!

Phone calls from my children. FaceBook stickers sent to me by my granddaughter, and her sweet hugs. Sunday's when her parents bring her to church. The belly laugh of a child. The way my Great Dane rescue stands beside me and wants her chin cupped in my hand, or how she drapes a leg over my lap to be petted and hugged (this after two months of letting her learn to trust me enough to let me touch her), or the way she leans into me. Seeing the hawk that periodically rests on a power line that I see driving to work. The tearful joy I feel listening to a powerful sermon and sense a portion of the power of Gods love for me. Driving around the curve and seeing my husband's car in the driveway. And many many more things that I should remember every day, especially when I feel blue.

Listening to my 8 month old grandson giggle. Just makes my heart smile!
    "May the works of my hands be pleasing in Your sight, O God."
    From 'A Quilter's Prayer' by Patricia Hauze

Lots of things bring me joy but the silliest thing that does is a little inexpensive electric fireplace we bought about 10 years ago. I don't know why I like looking at the fake fire in it but it just brings me joy...silly me! We now keep it in our 5th wheel at the coast. It makes a safe and warm fire...double win!
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

sunshine in the winter.

As many of you my family brings me joy. BUT it's my grand children that bring the joy that that puts a lump in my throat and tears to my eyes. I currently have 4 with another one on the way. The oldest is almost 7 and the youngest is 7 months (2 boys and 2 girls). I have been blessed in being able to watch my 2 grandson (now 6 and 4) full-time since they were infants while my DD and SIL work. Being with them everyday is truly fun for me. The things we do and the things they say warm my heart. Two quick examples, during last years christmas program, my 6 year old GS was on stage with this class (they were instructed not to wave to the audience) when he made eye contact with me he crossed his arms across his chest like an X and pointed to me. That's his sign for hugs. Made me cry right there. Today the 4 yr old GS invited me over for a sleep-over at "his" house. He's here 30+ hours a week and still wants me to be with him. Guess where I'm sleeping tonight?
    Be a girl with a mind, a women with attitude and a lady with class.

Blog Entries
    My greatest happiness is my relationship with Jesus, my dear husband, precious son, daughter in law, and my fur babies that are so sweet and loyal. Actually all of the mentioned are loyal. Each day is a special gift to me. I feel happiness in my dear dad still being here, and all the wild life we see.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Mine was just having a few minutes to myself this afternoon ..Peace and quiet while I cut out coupons..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I wrote earlier in this thread, but today, I had seams match and thought about this thread.
    it feels so good when you measure and measure and your seams line up. quilters joy!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast