Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with a sick Hubby

Patty, your DH sounds like a clone of my DH.........lol, it's all about him.

small town between Baltimore/Annapolis MD
    My dh has had kidney stones 3 times and that gets him to the ER real fast (pain is terrible). But other than that he goes to work no matter what. He says one of these days I'll have to call work for him and say he's not coming in today because he's dead.

Mine doesn't get sick often, had both rotator cuffs repaired, whines until he makes up his mind to go to the Doctor, then suddenly it doesn't hurt anymore, still needs the surgery but, stops whining. After the second one just repaired in Feb. this year.
    I am not a nursy type person, Son just always slept and that is how I knew he was sick, one Daughter also, other Daughter like me and just plugged along or very seldom got sick.

My husband is on disability and gets sick often, but at times it drives me crazy. Sometimes he doesn't feel well and whines all day but refuses to go to the Dr. Other days, like Yesterday, woke up with pain on his side where the kidney is (he has a transplant). I asked him if he wanted to go to the Dr, he says no, even though there is always the chance it could be rejection. It makes me so mad! He sometimes feels sick all day and decides to go to the ER at 7:00PM,when we could be done by then.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    My DH has to be half dead before he gives in to being sick. He doesn't whine and complain but what gets me is that he usually doesn't take care of whatever it is and then I catch it.
    Luckily he doesn't get sick much at all.

I leave the house. Can't not stand it!!!

Mine will sneeze and cough and not cover his mouth. He will touch everything and yet not use lysol. Then if we do the same he yells!! Maybe go to a hotel and leave him home!!

Sorry, for you and your family. I'm sure your DH is a wonderful man, but lucky for me my problem is the opposite. Mine NEVER complains but he has been a nurse for 25 yrs and thinks he can take care of himself. We do disagree about him not going to md at times though.
    Now my father different story, I just tell him go to md or no one wants to hear it, if he doesn't need md then he can't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Trade him in for a trained model!!! (((hee hee)))
    where do you find one of those?

my the same. i have 3 back surgeries and he tells me to get up and move. he has a slip disc when its out he cries like a baby. just tell myself yeah that nothing. BIG BABY

I'm lucky ... mine doesn't whine. Although, when he's sick (which is rarely) he camps out in the recliner in the living room which means I get nothing accomplished if he's sleeping :roll:

Susan

Just a llittle perspective ... there may become a time where you will be thankful to have one that can whine and for you to complain about.

Much preferred, than the alternative.

mine trys to keep working and i have to tell him to go to bed and rest so he'l get better. he trys to take care off me when im sick but dosent realy know what to do so when im better i have a disaster of a house to deel with. but he means well so thats al that counts.

saf
    Must be related to mine. Solution make the bedroom nice and cosy. Then tell him that you need to clean the front room - switch off TV and switch on vacuum cleaner- lots of noise and movement - suggest he will be more comfortable in bedroom until you have finished - constant supply of self-indulgent goodies. Keeps mine out of my way for at least 2-3 hours until boredom drives him out again.

been there, AM THERE, teach him to piece. That should get him up and around very quickly! LOL

Blog Entries
    Mine doesn't get sick very often but when he does, he's worse than a kid. Has to be brought everything to him as if his legs don't work but I just let him go. He's taken care of me when I had major surgery.

I was lucky. Mine was rarely sick, but when he was, his attitude was "go away and let me die in peace" :D

Blog Entries
    Ladies...
    I think that most DH...have the rare male gene.
    Mine doesn't want to see a doctor, but wants me to nurse him and tend to him hand and foot. I'm a rehab nurse...NO WAY..

A few month ago he had a tooth extractions and somehow that gave him the Green Light to play patient....
    He wanted something and he would call me and then point to it.

Love him to bits ,,,but I'm not his mother.

Oh, mine is the same. Finally (after two weeks) went to the doctor for a "plugged up" ear. But then didn't want to fill the antibiotic prescription (on a Friday)...said he felt better. So on Sunday he's really moaning and hurting and wanting his RX. Nearest open pharmacy is 30 miles away. Sheesh.

I make a doctor's appointment for him,and tell him he has to go.Always works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
    Sounds like a normal man to me. I have never figured out why when they are sick we are suppose to wait on them hand and foot plus feel sorry for them but when we are sick it's like yeah so what. We are suppose to keep right on going. When mine gets that way I tell him either go to the doctor or quit your whining I've got things to do. They are such babies. LOL.

I think because this is the way men were raised... Mothers took care of them... took care of daughters, so we grow up doing the same thing. the sons become hubby's and woman for how many years have always waited on a man (most of us) I never thought about it, just did it... Years ago woman didn't work, but many things did not change when woman went to work, it only doubled her work load. :) mI do not speak for ALL men or woman, some tables are reversed :)

Blog Entries
    Mine always whines when he is sick. Whenever someone else in the house is sick he is sure he has it and spends some time on the couch. When I would feel bad with female issues he would often claim to have a stomach ache too. I agree with someone else, trade him in for a trained one.

Blog Entries
    my 1st husband, had his gall blatter taken out after about 6 trips to the er with pain, he went to the dr. then he wanted me to pick him up! well i just looked at that 230 lbs and shooked my head then turned and walked away. at home i gave him a large tin pan and a lg spoon to beat it with when wanted something and went to my sewing room in the other end of the house. in 10 mins the phone rang. it was his work, he called them, to tell them to call me and tell me to come back to the bedroom! well as i walked down the hall he yelled don't you dare laugh, well needless to say it was several mins before i could enter the room and then not with a stright face.he said he had beat the pan to death. he was mad becouse i made him laugh. i still laugh till i cry trying to tell the story.

Blog Entries
    This is typical male behavior. I take very good care of my husband when he is sick and basically spoil him rotten, but I MAKE him a Dr's appt. I tell here is a cry towel to whine into or go to the appt. and do something about it.

I think it is just a "man thing". All alike!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast