Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what do you all think about this >

what do you all think about this

what do you all think about this

Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM

Default what do you all think about this

http://www.sallybeauty.com/modern-el...ner_5_jls_100x I am tempted to order this it's on sale right now....hmmmmm thinking thinking
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

I probably would not get it because I would not be able to see what is in the trays. I like see-through plastic!

Sam's club has a set of drawers similar to this for about $35. Mine is all plain translucent plastic, but I think their current one has different colors on the drawers. It has a flat top, though.

Edit: Just counted, and mine has 10 trays, all the same narrow size. Mine is definitely not suitable for fabric storage. Biggest problem with it is that the drawers become distorted with weight and therefore can slip off the runners on one side or the other.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 AM

I have been looking for this! Seeing the one my hair dresser has gave me the idea a couple years ago. So I immediately procrastinated and did not get one. Now I know where I need to get busy. I think it would be good for a portable tool/sewing stand.

delma
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I'm not even tempted, I don't have room for it. I also think it would be a waste. I have storage in my new sewing room that I don't use.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:32 PM

I imagine it would be pretty sturdy. Wondering about the black, however. I've been noticing I have more and more trouble finding things if they are in a black/dark container (i.e. purse, non-see through storage container). Just a thought . . . If you decide to order it I'd love to know if it works well.

I have a rolling clear plastic drawer thing. I got it at BJ's years ago. (BJs is like a Costco). I can see through which helps me and I also label the front of the drawers.

Last edited by CindyA; 08-20-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

I have one and have had it for years. That's what I paid for it 30 years ago. Still have it. The trays are removal. If you want it, It's not a bad price for a hairdresser. I can hang things on the side of mine. If you get it, I would label but it's still not bad. you can pretty much see what's in the drawers. Couple of the drawers are sectioned. I would check out Office Depot, Walmart even some of the dollar stores. They have storage with casters also. Like I said mine is 30 years old and it's still in good shape. But mine was made when they made them good.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Go to the beauty supply or back to your hairdresser and see if you think it would work. Measure the drawers. It would mainly be for notions and not to deep for material. I don't use mine for quilting. It's for other crafts.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

I have something like that I purchased from Lowes a couple of years ago but it is white.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 AM

I had one like that that someone gave to me. Since it was from a quilter, I thought it was a sewing tray

The one I had was gray, and even though it seemed totally cool in concept, it practice it wasn't so great, for me, anyway. I tucked a lot of stuff into it, but it was out of sight, out of mind. Also, one tray was cracked, and it affected all the other trays. Eventually I got rid of it and don't miss it.

That said, if you think it would work for you, give it a try. Storage is a good thing!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 AM

I have one I have had for years, and I used the label gun to mark what is in the colored drawers. I use mine mostly for small patterns, template plastic, embroidery floss, buttons and all those other little things that have no place else to go