Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect ~ besides fabric

Blog Entries
    Well lets see...... I collect the following things

My oldest collection which I started back in 1980 is
    amber glass. I was 16 years old when I started this
    collection with a pair of oil lamps. In 1999 I ended up
    having to start my collection over again (except for lamps).

My next collection is mugs.

I collect mugs from U.S. states I am down to 8 states left
    to get.
    I also have MANY mugs from other countries, my MIL went
    to the Galapagos Islands/Machu Picchu/(forgot other dest)
    she was planning to bring a mug back for me from there, I
    can't wait to see which one I get.

My last collection is sewing/quilting themed fabrics, mach. emb.
    designs and anything else that is sewing/quilting themed.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Looong story as to why, but years ago I started collecting owls. in any form. I ended up with over 2,000 owls. Yes you read right, it does say 2,000! As everyone was on display every inch was taken over by these owls. After over 20 years of this I was soooooo sick of owls. I packed them all up except a few that have fond memories. They are safely packed away someday to be posted on e-bay when I have the time. I wonder if I was a hoarder?!!

Roseville pottery, movies (have way over 400), various collections of books from favorite authors, thimbles, framed prints by Maxfield Parrish, tea cups from Australia, Fiestaware, various tiny & old metal knick knacks that we keep in an antique library case, Arts & Crafts copper pieces, Vaseline glass, spoons from various places we've been, etc.

Blog Entries
    I have collected British china cups and saucers, old books and Bibles, penny stocks, and best of all Grandchildren.

I collect glow in the dark things; beads, paint, and I did locate some GITD fabric!

I collect cats - we have 7, they are all feral rescues and most have been raised on the bottle. They come to us when they have been hurt or are starving. Just can't turn them away. As a result I also collect cat hair. That collection never seems to go away!!

Blog Entries
    Besides critters : ) .Dinosaurs - Matchbox and scale car's and trucks- old coffee pots - antique nic-nac's along with turtles and frogs - Black Amethyst glass ware - old jewelry And now that I've started my spring cleaning I apparently collect old lamps; too. So basically I collect really cool stuff and if I don't stop collecting I will need a much bigger house.

Blog Entries
    I collect, aches and pains more lines on my face and sewing machines.
    Finished is better than a UFO

My first thought was the same as woodster. DUST as we have wood heat.

Blog Entries
    Russian tea sets, tea pots, sun purple glass wear, (pre WW1) sewing machines, any thing for sewing room, thread,fabric, tools, fine art bronzes, art, water colors, oils, photographs, books, tapes LPs, CDs, DVDs, Kindles, (5) and lots of kindle books, antiques, and now quilts, am keeping more of the ones I make.
    dare to dream

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by star619 View Post
    Oooh, me too! I've gathered enough Alice & related fabrics to make at least 3 Alice quilts!
    So have I! One of these days...
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I know it sounds silly, I love and collect fabric Bunnies!!! They are nestled throughout my fabric stash.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  1.34 MB
    Kathy

My collection of blue willow ware is big enough to feed the family including serving dishes. It has become our "good dishes" for holidays. Whenever we are in antique stores or thrift shops I look for more. I have a few pieces of red willow and even a few green ones. Time to stop this collection, some of it is stored in the garage.
    I also have quite a collection of quilt books found in the same antique stores and thrift shops so they are not all new ones.

kathyd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I have a knife collection,small gun collection but used to have a lot of knives and guns but when DH passed I had to sell a lot but kept ones with special memories I still collect santas,decoritive shoes dolls, beads, bead and quilt magazines beading looms rubber stamps and paper for scrapbooking Sounds like I collect to much for one living in a small apt.

I used to collect Boyd's Bears and still have a few on display here and there among the quilts. I also collect sewing, needlework,quilting and craft books. I would like to collect grandchildren but so far my collection is pretty small- only 2.

I collect pelicans. I have them everywhere, the yard, shelves, and the walls.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Blog Entries
    Creamers and other small pitchers. This started when I inherited my great grandmother Nancy Jane's very plain off white creamer.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, For I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

I collect Giraffes. Have over 900. They are so graceful and beautiful!!

As for the dust....I tell DH that if he doesn't put holes in it, no one will notice

I collect unusual orchids and try to grow them.
    June

This is so interesting! I was thinking about it today as I wandered an antique mall! The answer is: too many things. Old cookbooks, flower pictures, old postcards, old illustrations of babies and children, old heavy clear glass serving pieces, etc etc. It's my husband's fault. He's encouraged it so I would go antiquing with him! I feel like a hoarder.....
    Lori

Blog Entries
    My grandmother used her willow wear dishes for the whole family. I always loved it. I guess one of my aunts have it today.

I love those bunnies. I have one that I am putting next to my fireplace soon in a little wooden rocking chair.

I use to collect porcelain dolls, but don't have them all now. I gave a set to my dear mil the last time she was here. They were twins (boy and girl with little plaid outfits, and wire glasses). They were about 2 feet tall. I have an Indian doll gave to me by a teacher, a beautiful bride doll, and Spanish doll bought for me by my son and daughter in law. They are on stands, and have all the little pretty details. I also have a couple of little clown dolls sitting in wicker chairs. One hanging garden doll. I use to have a pretty Japanese doll brought back to me from the Philippines, but my daughter in law has it now.

I also love to collect pretty dishes such as saucers/cups, teapots, and any unusual dish pieces.

Mostly dust since I can't quilt and clean at the same time. LOL
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

books, cowboy boots, well really any western decor items, used to collect owls, then Garfield the Cat so still have a few of those too.

I collect lots of things too. Elephants, Teddy Bears, teaspoons, primitive dolls, vintage evening bags, fabric of course, and my DH has a collection of cat figurines.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by Conartist1945 View Post
    I'm with you Woodster...you can write your name in the dust...just don't leave the date!
    I have that saying on a plaque, hanging in the entryway! (Next to the one that says "my house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!"...as for collecting.....hearts, chickens, ducks, apples, clocks, Santas, D56, antique lapel pins, and Wizard of Oz Ornaments. However... I am on a self imposed moratorium...NO MORE ROOM!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast