Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect ~ besides fabric

Very cool thread.

I have way too many collections, vintage buttons, old mason jars usually filled with buttons, old Crocks, and Skulls not real ones, and other Day of the dead stuff. (I seen someone else collects skulls.)
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I can't seem to stop collecting quilting and sewing books! If I lived to be 100, and could make a quilt a day, I still wouldn't even be half way through my collection! But I love pouring over them!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    Books - both reading and crafting, baskets, yarn (waiting on me to crochet into something!), sheet music for the piano and organ, music for listening to. Looking at my house, you'd think I collect junk, but I use most of it, and if I don't, I just haven't found time to clean it out! At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
    Did u see recently someone of Craigs list in Bham had sheet music listed?

Roosters of all kinds, ceramic, fabric, stuffed, no live ones tho.

I read all the post on this thread. I am very impressed with the interesting stuff we collect. I started collecting fat. I have gained 40 lbs. Last year. Also Betty Boop, deck of cards from places I have been. Pillsbury , see, hear and speck no evil. green M & M's. Pink depression glass and dead people ( genealogy ). Put my favorite thing to collect is alimony checks.

I have a collection of crockery mixing bowls that set on top of my cupboards.

dd
    I think I'm going to officially change my answer from just lions to lions and weight.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Besides fabrics, I collect eggs (marble, glass, crystal, etc) and cats - I have SIX!

Great thread!! I collect thimbles, boy angels, quilting, crochet and Knitting magazines and yarn. (and Fabric)
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Does anyone collect Guardian Service pans? The closest I've seen on this list was "hammered aluminum." If you do happen to collect Guardian Service, please send me a private message.

Blog Entries
    ...oh, and Hull pottery.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

I love pitchers, big ones, little ones and figurines of owls. Pitchers just have beautiful lines, at least to me and owls are just plain cute. I have owls that are no bigger than an inch, pitchers that are just a little over an inch high. However, fabric still has my heart and I have SABLE big time.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Nothing, Flylady cured me
    And I'm hoping by late next year my stash will be all used up!! I've been on the fabric wagon since October 2001 It Can be done
    i am trying to work the Flylady plan. Taking it very slow. I used to collect Longaberger, Boyds bears and teapots. No more! I am giving some of my Longaberger to close friends and have not purchased any for YEARS, same with the bears and teapots. I am giving away most or selling, except for those most precious to me (gifts from hubby).
    I now decided that if it is not used or useful, it needs to be some place else. Husband knew I loved Wedgwood, so he purchased an entire service for 8 of Queensware. I use it every Sunday and holidays. I decided I want only antique and "previously gently-loved" items...and it HAS to be something I will used weekly. My son loves most of the antiques, so he said "only get the good stuff, mom, because I am not bringing junk to my house". Well, no junk in my house either (well, eventually).

Blog Entries
    Apparently, I love to collect DUST...it just grows rapidly while I quilt! (LOL)

Dix
    Blog Entries
    I love cookbooks and have sooooo many, but I do use them! My daughters tell me please stop buying cook book on my trips! Because, they will have to do something with them some day. And, of course, that is first thing I look for when I travel!! Sorry, girls!

Interesting, I also collect dust and fat ! Also angels, depression glass, fabric and bells. I have given much of these away. BUT when I go on trips I usually get a frig magnet- they don't take up much room. My largest collection began when my youngest son, born in 1970, fell in love with a music box. I how have 150 of them. many picked up a flea markets or garage sales. Range of cost $1 to $45. I have not bought any in the last year. Have to call it quits unless I do not have the song. I also love love love quotes. I have made a bunch for the church and have a beautiful bowl for them and s sign that says food for thought. They are free for the taking. Our church has what we call 'Tour of Tables". Last year my table was "Where have you Been?" Used many of my magnets. Guess you could say I collect STUFF.

You ladies just crack me up. What a day brightener it is to turn on the computer and read all your responses. I forgot some of the things I collect until I started reading all these posts. I also collect cookbooks, milk pitchers, tea pots, and now I'm getting into cookie jars. I have also started collecting Little Golden books for children. I love the older ones, they are so pure and refreshing in a world gone mad. I say that I'm collecting them for future generations but quite honestly I like to read them myself. They bring me back to a time when life was simple and the illustrations are so endearing. Oh and I too collect dust, fat and quotes too. Here's a favorite of mine 'My house is clean enough to be happy and dirty enough to be healthy". I think we've forgotten that we have to be exposed to some durt and dust otherwise we never build up an immunity to it. Thanks so much for posting ladies. I am really appreciating these. Also love the pics that people are posting. This is great!
    Next to God we are indebted to women, first for life itself, and then for making it worth having.

Christian Nestell Bovee,

Yarn! Vintage sewing machines, Pyrex ware, vintage kitchen collectables, feed sack fabrics and vintage tablecloths. Also McCoy pottery and cookie jars.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vintage Pyrex

I collect thimbles and antique sewing tools (thimble convention coming up in Kansas City MO…PM if you might be interested) as well as Scottie dog items. Have quite a collection of Scottie thimbles and Scottie pin cushions/thimble holders. Attached should be a picture of my first Scottie (Red) on a thimble I commissioned from Peter Swingler.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sewing machines, and sewing items, key chains, recipes and recipe books, quilting mags. when I find them, just started collecting thimbles, coffee cups.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White. Many many more.
    Debbie

Blog Entries
    I collect painted plates, angels, dolls, miniatures, books. The plates are all pretty on a rack around our kitchen, but I am slowing giving away to friends, relatives, our daughters. There are soooooo many. The angels, the same thing; too many, so giving away slowly.
    Don't have but about 4 dolls, so will save those for the grand daughters.
    The books are multiplying as I type, and we clear out some once in awhile.
    Too much stuff!!
    Mariah.
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
    I collect Barbie Dolls.
    My daughter collects Barbie dolls too. She moved to New York City and no longer has the space for her collection so I have them. She has given me strict instructions not to remove the dolls from their boxes as doing that will reduce the value of the dolls. It's been fun looking at all the lovely dolls in her collection.

As for me, even though I am Chinese, I love anything Amish...dolls, cookbooks, fabric, quilting books..anything I can get my hands on! My Chinese relatives think it's funny that I have a sign in my house that says "Welcome to Amish Country."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    My house collects dust.........
    AMEN! Every time I remove some of my collection, it replenishes itself. At least, it's free!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDee View Post
    Hi fellow quilters,
    I collect vintage Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls, Mary's Moo Moo's figurines and unusual rocks. What do you collect ? Besides fabric of course.
    I collect and use vintage/antique sewing machines. I have 5 treadle machines that I love using.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast