Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What does your Member name mean? >

What does your Member name mean?

What does your Member name mean?

Old 09-29-2019, 06:31 PM

I love wolves. hence --my name.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:12 PM

Sadly, I really am "slow to sew" most things.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:27 PM

So interesting reading everyone's stories! My name is Deb. When my niece was young, (she is now almost 38) she could not say Auntie....it came out Annie. She's always called me Anniedeb. She says it fast, all one word, and now her daughter, my grand-niece, calls me that too. Funny sidebar - Her sister decided she wanted her own name to call me, so she calls me AnnieEm, as does her daughter!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:39 PM

A few years ago I was making small teddy bears. They were about 6 inches in length and I gave them to everyone I met. I had a little poem to put on them.

"When you're feeling kind of lonely, and feeling kind of blue, Just hold me close to your heart and remember God Loves You".

I always took several to church and even sent hundreds with the church members going on missions trips. I visited the nursing home next to our church and gave out some. One of the little ladies had two of my bears inside her blouse. She said she wore them there to feel close to God. There wasn't anything magical about the little bears, just lots of love.

Over the years I have sent out 3000 little teddy bears here in the U.S. and to many different countries. From that, I was called "The Teddybear Lady" by friends and family.

I've enjoyed reading every post and feel like I know each of you a little better.

Debbie The Teddybear Lady

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-30-2019 at 02:39 AM. Reason: remove proselytization
Old 09-30-2019, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
A few years ago I was making small teddy bears. They were about 6 inches in length and I gave them to everyone I met. I had a little poem to put on them.

"When you're feeling kind of lonely, and feeling kind of blue, Just hold me close to your heart and remember God Loves You".

I always took several to church and even sent hundreds with the church members going on missions trips. I visited the nursing home next to our church and gave out some. One of the little ladies had two of my bears inside her blouse. She said she wore them there to feel close to God. There wasn't anything magical about the little bears, just lots of love.

Over the years I have sent out 3000 little teddy bears here in the U.S. and to many different countries. From that, I was called "The Teddybear Lady" by friends and family.

I've enjoyed reading every post and feel like I know each of you a little better.

Debbie The Teddybear Lady
Debbie, thank you so much for sharing that. What a wonderful thing. This really touched me. I know depression, thankfully I am one that didn't sink to the level I couldn't come back. Not to offend anyone, but I believe God works on all of us in one way or another. I think everyone believes in something. I would love to see a picture of one of your bears. I think that is so neat. You fought your own battle in your own way and managed to touch so many lives. Just think what we did for them. Thank you.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-30-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Slow2Sew View Post
Sadly, I really am "slow to sew" most things.
LOL, as long as you enjoy it, who cares how long it takes. This was funny.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
When I joined the board I lived in a small rural town in SW Florida, Alva. We moved from there 5 years ago but I haven’t tried to change the name. It brings back a lot of good memories. Making new memories now.
People need to hang on to the good memories. Life is tough enough so enjoy what you can. Love the dog!!
Old 09-30-2019, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
That's exactly what I have done, but I don't use that moniker too much. It is MCEKLW. My first name, my baptismal name, my confirmation name, my maiden name, my first married name, and my second husband's name.

I should really tell you from where the Mavita came. On a trip to Peru, the guide called me Mavita when she heard my name. The "ita" is an expression of love or cuteness. Anita means Little Ann, Juanita is Little Joan, and a grandmother might be called Abuelita.

One more time. I have to say that I have read this entire thread and have thoroughly enjoyed it!
I'm really glad I start this thread, though it seemed silly at the time, but I figured what the heck, why not ask. Now I'm glad, I have not only learned so many interesting tidbits about people, but have learned interesting facts as well, things I had no idea of.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:39 AM

I am the mother of 3 sons and when they were young I told them that we did not live in a democracy but a monarch and I was the Queen and dad was the King. What we said was law. They all have grown up to be upstanding young men that graduated from college and have great jobs. Must have done something right.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Queen View Post
I am the mother of 3 sons and when they were young I told them that we did not live in a democracy but a monarch and I was the Queen and dad was the King. What we said was law. They all have grown up to be upstanding young men that graduated from college and have great jobs. Must have done something right.
I would say you sure did, great job!!