What to eat? and when?

Old 08-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

There were a few times I gave my kids pizza for breakfast. They thought it was great. 2 large pieces and orange juice were some of their better breakfasts. They have also had cereal for supper and still slept through the night. I have thrown an egg in the skillet lightly scrambled and a deli meat, then wrapped it in a piece of lettuce for a light lunch which actually lasted longer to a late supper about 6-7 hours later.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 AM

This is a very interesting thread. I never knew so many people ate non-traditional foods for breakfast. On rare occasions I have had pizza for breakfast, or a slice of cheesecake. I never realized just how traditional I am.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 AM

I can relate to this--my husband does the same thing lol
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Beer...is not just for breakfast anymore!

Sorry...I saw this on a shirt once and I thought it was hilarious!

I have had ice cream for breakfast so, no, eat what you want when you want. Life is to short to micro-manage food choices and timing of such. I like "breakfast" for dinner sometimes!
sandy
Ice cream, cheese on pizza IS MILK.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:01 AM

I eat what sounds good to me at whatever time. I do try to eat supper around 5 or 6:00 just because others in the house but it could be any type food. Pancakes, eggs or whatever.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:47 AM

My favorite time of day to eat pie is in the morning. I enjoy it much more then than as a dessert.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:18 PM
mac

I can eat anytime and anywhere. Pure and simple. If you cook it, I will eat it, unless it has cilantro (which I am very allergic to). Funny how any meal tastes that much better if someone else cooks it.

I use to be one of those cooks that made everything from scratch, but not anymore. Amazing how as you get older you start simplifying your life.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:19 PM

My dad was one of those that only wanted breakfast items for breakfast, and dinner was to be meat and potatoes. When he was out of town my mom would make eggs for dinner or pancakes or even french toast. When my sisters left home she and I would some time only eat fried zucchini or fried eggplant since no one else liked it.
Once we were driving back to KS from WA, (I was 11 at the time) and one time for dinner I wanted onion rings with my dinner - the place was out, and I was disappointed and so my dad said I could have them for breakfast. He was being sarcastic was sure I wouldn't remember but the next morning when we stopped a a diner for breakfast I ordered the onion rings. The waitress looked at my parents and they said it was okay, the cook came out to see who ordered the onion rings. They were wonderful. From that time on I realized it didn't matter what was eaten at what meal. My youngest DD never cared for breakfast food, so she grew up mostly eating left-overs for breakfast.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:24 PM

When we were in Sri Lanka I was in heaven curry for breakfast lol, a lot of the other British guests struggled as they did not serve traditional breakfast food
Old 08-11-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I never cared for traditional egg breakfasts and was allergic to milk, so I would have many different things for breakfast - ice cream, tuna sandwich, chicken noodle soup, cold pizza, to name a few.
This is the one allergic to milk who eats ice cream and pizza. It wasn't Sandygirl. It was Dunster.