Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What food did you hate as a child? >

What food did you hate as a child?

What food did you hate as a child?

Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM

Greens. Made to eat them related to me having anemia.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:09 AM

I hate liver and onions,wont even cook them in my home, husband has to eat them in a restaurant.I like raw onions but not cooked,so i cut them real sm to put in chili and spegetti.Dont like aspergues,cant even spell it right.Can't eat dressing with sage in it.Can't stand sage in any thing.Lima beans are so dry that I cant swallow them.I used to hate fried green tomatoes and now like them. Dont eat red meat and dont eat wild game.Have eaten it in the past but can't eat the wild taste of it.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 AM

My mom would fix ribs and saurkraut! I disliked it then and still do!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM

YUCK, I hated and still hate liver and onions, my mom was mean, she would make this and not eat it herself, my grandmother said my mother hated this as a child and never would eat it, she would make me eat it and not my sister, I would have to sit at the table till i did and you know whats worse than liver and onions, COLD liver and onions, you will have to shoot me in order for me to eat that yucky stuff now.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 PM

Boiled yellow crookneck squash with seeds left in! even with tomato catsup on my serving I could not eat it.....and missed the opportunity to ride in the Victory Parade in town at the end of WW11. Long memory! Dad finally gave in and took us in (10 miles) to see the parade.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM

Oatmeal...gan eat it now tho.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 PM

Eggplant, hated it as a kid, now love it sliced thin and grilled, Okra, hated it as a kid hate it still today
Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 PM

My mom was big on vegitables. We usually had a garden but if we didn't she would drag us to a truck garden farm and we would pick our own and load up on every thing they had.She always canned enough to keep us thru the winter and beyond. Everything you can think of. She even made catsup. All kinds of pickles. So we pretty much ate what ever was put in front of us. Even liver and onions. Which I still like to this day. However nobody else in the family likes it so I only eat it in restraunts. I loved cooked spinach as a kid but only like it raw now. My food aversions developed after I left home. When we lived in Michigan she would take us mushroom hunting. And there was a patch of wild asparagus down the hill from our house. After my folks retired they lived in Arizona in winter and Colorado in summer. Mom would find all kinds of wild berries and make jelly. Algerita berries, choke cherries, raspberries, prickley pear. I still make prickley pear but I don't know how to identify wild berries.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM

That's funny that so many dislike peas. I wouldn't eat them even as baby food so my mother said. Dislike most fresh veggies and fruits. We used to can and it grossed me out.

Don't care for liver and onions, but do like the smell of it cooking. I do like leberwurst. Leberwurst on extremely hard seeded Rye, a large sour dill, and potato chips. Guess I will have to make the hard Rye myself. Seems like everything today is mostly so squishy so you can eat too much. It used to take us all day to get through the heel of that rye bread.

Mushrooms make me sick. Literally. And they have to stick mushrooms and peas in almost everything.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Liver and onions- and still hate it LOL
I second that!!!! My parents told me there were children in China starving who would be glad to eat liver and onions. I generously offered to send them mine......my parents have no sense of humor. I had to sit there until I ate every bite! My kids have never tasted liver and onions in their entire lives....I was not going to torture my kids that way! Yuck!!!!