Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What gift are you GIVING this year? >

What gift are you GIVING this year?

What gift are you GIVING this year?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 AM
DJ

I'm making sewing machine covers for DDs; Lighted glass block decorations for a couple friends; Santa hat for DSonIL; Yo-yo bear for DGD. DH may get earbuds among other things. There will be lots more purchased gifts, but not sure what they are yet.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

I'm machine embroidering hand towels for a bunch of people...
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 AM

*sigh* I just don't know!
I want to make my mother in law a landscape quilt wall-hanging... not sure if I will have time to do it all...
We bought my mother a stained glass pannel with cardinals, it's absolutely beautiful. My dad is supposed to get a quilt, because I gave one to my parents last year, it's supposed to go in the living room upstairs because the colours match the upstairs couch, but my dad keeps stealing it and taking it downstairs with him ( not that they don't have 900 other blankets in the house) so he's getting his own.
Sasha and I have decided not to do anything big this year for eachother, because we're completely broke, and we have a baby coming soon. He's still going to insist they we spend $$$ on his brothers though.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 AM

I made I Spy quilts for all the small kids, lap quilts for the 3 DD & 3 sister in-laws; pot holders, kitchen towels and tote bags. The older grandsons will get money as usual and lots of small presents for the smaller grandkids. DH and I bought a video camera in Sept. for our cmas & birthday presents so we could capture the madness of our family cmas.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 AM

Our 3 sons and their families get MEAT, as my DIL MJ calls it. I order Kansas City steaks to be delivered to them a few weeks before Christmas. Get everyone a small individual gift - towels for DGD who just moved into her condo, scrubs for her sister graduation nursing school in a few weeks and "Mom Likes Me Best" tee shirts for my 3 sons.

My brother and sisters visit our parents grave site the first Sunday in Dec., we lay a graveblanket and say prayers for them and other family and friends who have passed. Afterwards we go to lunch. I give my brother and 2 sisters a fruit bread and have small gifts for the younger neices and nephews and now grandnieces and nephews - books for the little ones and a holiday glass or cup filled with candy or snacks for the older ones. My sister Patti calls me Mrs. Santa but I love to share with family and this special family day begins my Holiday Season off so nicely.

May in Jersey
Old 11-25-2009, 06:46 AM

For the person that seems to have everything we have give a donation to a charity in their name. If we know of something they support specifically we donate to that.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM

This year I am making one of my bosses a quilt.. Jacquemoe made one of sailboats (OMG beautiful) a while back, I saw that and I borrowed her idea..... My boss is 72 years young, has raced sail boats all his life and still whenever he and his wife get out they go on the old "Red Witch", so with all that said, this is what I am making him and his wife. I know both will enjoy and appreciate it... that is my special gift for this year.
We always support Toys for Tots, and the association that we belong to always adopts a family to help out each year at Christmas time. Everyone needs to have a great Christmas Day! Those are the two I really enjoy!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

Well I just bought my MIL a replica of an antique clock because she collects antiques and I can't afford real ones..lol. I am making my FIL a quilt because MIL got one a few years back. FOr my children I bought four of the I-pods because two of them already have them. The other two are 1 is getting a digital camer and the other is getting a portable dvd player. I am also getting each cild a hoodie and then they will each get little stuffing stockers. DH and I don't really exchange gifts. And I am not sure if we are seeing any of our families this year ..so other than some aquantences and stuff I don't have alot left to buy.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:08 PM

I called hubby earlier today and said Merry Christmas to me and you! I got ticket confirmation for January to go see my GS in Las Vegas!!!! I am soooo excited. So what if his parents will be there too. haha.

It's the first time I will fly. This should be fun as I always drive where ever we go. Wonder if the pilot would mind showing me how to fly the plane so I'm comfortable I'm in charge (just a little control issue here).
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 PM

With 5 kids, 3 are mine, and 2 are DH, we are taking advantage of Sam's Club black friday specials...they are all getting removable storage for their 'puters. We are getting a Tom Tom to us from us. I have been collecting for the grandkids all year, so they will have several things to open C'Mas morning. My siblings are all getting quilted table runners...thanks to the tube quilting!!!