Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What I found about our new TV

What I found about our new TV

We bought a new Samsung smart tv at Best Buy. After spending a couple hours figuring out all the Apps and settings I discovered something really neat.

Look who I found......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

That's funny - my DH would have a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    That's funny - my DH would have a fit.

Just explain this isn't the only website a smart tv gets. He can still surf for his workshop toys.
    My husband thinks it great. I can still keep up with all the latest stuff from the comfy of my recliner.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    ha, ha; good for you. Where else would you want to be? right there having a great time.
    My son thinks his computer is spying on him. he will sit in the garage having conversations with friends while working on his truck and later on ads for the things they were talking about show up. too much of a coincidence. He will put tape over the camera and now the speaker too. sometimes I hate electronics. well, the people who make them maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    ha, ha; good for you. Where else would you want to be? right there having a great time.
    My son thinks his computer is spying on him. he will sit in the garage having conversations with friends while working on his truck and later on ads for the things they were talking about show up. too much of a coincidence. He will put tape over the camera and now the speaker too. sometimes I hate electronics. well, the people who make them maybe.
    I keep a sticker over the camera on my laptop. And my flip phone is dumb as a box of rocks....lol It only rings or beeps and takes pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Just explain this isn't the only website a smart tv gets. He can still surf for his workshop toys.
    My husband thinks it great. I can still keep up with all the latest stuff from the comfy of my recliner.
    What a deal!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini

Our quiltingboard needs a facelift. All that unused space on both sides of the screen! It's embarrassing.

Awesome! I love smart tv's.

Blog Entries
    My mother would still want to watch hours of CNN.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I'm not a big TV watcher but sometimes I wish I had one in my sewing room. Then I could watch Craftsy classes.
    Right now i'm doing a BOM and I bring my laptop or ipad in with me. That works!
    We bought a Smart TV and the Yankees never looked better lol

The browser remembers what ads are on the page you visit. No spying through camera or speakers
    deliberately under-educated

I used to use a smart TV (in a place I rented) to watch videos on Youtube . Still better than 99% of what's on TV. Now I just watch them on the laptop.

Blog Entries
    yes, but he was talking. not looking up things on his computer. One time i went shopping for a CD player to put in my van. looked in a store and left. Then I started getting ads galore for CD players in cars. just odd.

Outstanding!

I have a smart tv, how do you get the quilting board on it? I may have a smart tv, but not a very smart operator.

We bought a new Samsung smart tv at Best Buy. After spending a couple hours figuring out all the Apps and settings I discovered something really neat.

Look who I found......
    Ok, I need detailed instructions. How do you get to this? Through Roku or how? Thanks for any advice you can give.
    Sally

yes, but he was talking. not looking up things on his computer. One time i went shopping for a CD player to put in my van. looked in a store and left. Then I started getting ads galore for CD players in cars. just odd.
    I had a similar experience. I was in Walmart looking at something, got home and ads for it starting showing up everywhere. I hadn't looked it up online. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I have a smart tv, how do you get the quilting board on it? I may have a smart tv, but not a very smart operator.
    Quote Originally Posted by selm View Post
    Ok, I need detailed instructions. How do you get to this? Through Roku or how? Thanks for any advice you can give.
    OK Ladies. Here goes nothing.

On our remote for the TV is a button that has a shape that looks like a house. I pressed that and a bar came up on the bottom of the screen. On this bar were icons for Netflix, Facebook, Googleplay some music and a few others. And on the list was a button labeled "Internet" press that one and Lo and Behold the world wide web is plastered on 55" of screen......lol Use the arrow buttons on the remote to get the cursor up to the search bar, click in the said bar and a virtual keyboard pops up, type in the QuiltingBoard.com and there WE are!

I also discovered Macafee anti-virus software for the tv, I may have to see if I can add Avast instead.

My husband and I think the same thing also. We have just talked about something in our van and it shows up in feeds after that. I know everyone says that doesn't happen. Hmmmm??

Most of the time these electronics are smarter than me. Thank goodness I have a teenage granddaughter living with me and she is a big help.

I just found out I can put Facebook in a "container" so it doesn't track your actions on other sites. It is an addon for Firefox.

I keep a sticker over the camera on my laptop. And my flip phone is dumb as a box of rocks....lol It only rings or beeps and takes pictures.
    I had to laugh, I keep my lap top camera covered too. And my phone is so dumb it doesn't even have a camera.

Cari

If you have a tracking app on your phone, that could be why. I have Life360 on mine, and I will get pop ups to "rate my experience" for a specific place immediately after leaving that specific store, sometimes while still in a restaurant, etc.

Can’t wait to get a smart tv.

WiFi on your phone, tracks which departments in the store you are visiting. Read this about Macy's for example. Just turn your WiFi to OFF before walking into these stores.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast