Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog bed do your pups have?

Blog Entries
    We need to get new beds for Heidi and Sadie and I started looking at the different kinds of dog beds on the market. The memory foam ones read like a dream but the cost is more like a nightmare.

Does anyone have a memory foam dog bed? How do you feel about it?

Has anyone decided against the memory foam bed? Why? How do you feel about the decision now?

What kind of dog bed does your pup have? Any issues?

Hoping to get some feedback - any feedback. If Fido wants to answer, that would be great too.

well I'll speak for Trixie, her favorite bed is one of her daddy's discarded pillows, of course she's a small dog tho.

Spike and Mandi's favorite bed is.....MINE

Tink's favorite bed is a Queen Size one that she let's me sleep in, as long as I don't get in her way. I did get her a new one for Christmas. It would fit a 50# dog. She loves it because she sinks into the middle and it is huge and puffy. In my sewing room, she has an old bed pillow covered with a polar fleece pillowcase.

tink's bed
    Name:  Attachment-3041.jpe
Views: 65
Size:  42.5 KB

My chihuahua has a small cat bed from Wal-Mart. My Boston has a larger one from Wal-mart. They are not memory foam-I don't pay more than twenty dollars for their beds. The boston's is kind a rectangle like and has sides that come up. Sorry, I am horrible at trying to describe things.

My dog uses a LL Bean one downstairs and a queen size bed upstairs. LOL Memory foam sounds nice - mine is not.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

I went to a pet store and bought a big soft pillow for our shi tzu dog and then I put 2 soft fleece blankets on top of it from JC Penney's and he loves it. This way I can wash his blankets. Mom also gave me a little flannel blanket and he uses it for a pillow. He is spoiled rotten.

Karen

My two have two each. One type is the Wal-Mart foam beds that have a corduroy and fleece cover. Looks nice and they seem to like them. Easy to take the cover off and wash but REALLY hard to get the covers back on. And the other type is one I made for them.... A large piece of stretchy terry type fabric made into a two foot square pillow and stuffed with a half bag of poly-fill... the soft stuff. I can toss them in the washer and have them dried in a jiffy. They like both kinds. I prefer the second type.

I love Tink! What a cutie.

Bones slipped a dachshund disc 13 days ago. We thought he was toast, but he's coming around. Here's his "bed" for the next 6-8 weeks. Now if I could just keep him in there. He much prefers to walk drunkenly around the house and yard! :-D

Ghetto Crate
    Name:  Attachment-3044.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  39.8 KB

Can I get up now? I think I hear the mailman.
    Name:  Attachment-3045.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  47.6 KB

Thanks Chele! Poor Bones! Give him an extra kiss from us...He does not look too happy behind bars...

My EddieJoe has a pillow with his own quilt on the floor next to my bed and a large (As in big) one behind the recliner in the living room. I made a friend's arthritic old dog a bed and pillow from a four inch piece of foam from JoAnn's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Some of you take puppy love to a whole new degree - lol "My dog has a queen-sized bed and lets me sleep in it" I am hysterical here. Nope, not happening at the house of Graham anytime soon.

Sorry about Bones and I'm glad he's not toast. (Wouldn't the appropriate bread analogy for a weiner be a bun????)

Magnolia, how often do you have to replace the dog bed?

LOL Madquilter! Very true! Bones would have been a bun! It makes me smile that everyone loves their pups so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Magnolia, how often do you have to replace the dog bed?
    I've never had to replace them. They are easily washable-just throw them in the washer and then dryer; no need to take them apart. Penny (chihuahua) has had her's for 5 years and Tawny (boston terrier) has had her's for about a year. Tawny chewed the corner of hers but it was an easy fix with needle and thread (she's a little over a year old-still in the chewing phase). They sleep in them every night inside their crates. If we go camping I just take them with us. No need to fluff them after washing-the dogs do that themselves!

Maggie, my chocolate lab, has a memory foam bed with a fleece removable top (so I can wash it!) Her bed is in our room next to ours. It seemed expensive at first, but has outlasted all the other beds we have purchased in the past. She LOVES it! I gave her a pillow to sleep with. Man, she is spoiled! The 3 cats all have their own beds, but they sleep outside on the deck. 2 of them are always found sleeping so soundly together.
    Maggie is not allowed on the beds or furniture! The cats get plenty of lap-time.

I bought a memory foam topper for my bed and what a difference it made. Got it from Overstock.com.

If it is as comfortable for a dog bed as ours is he will love it.

My cat has a puppy bed, but as you can see from my avatar, he likes his shoe box and barbie dress! He tosses it all over the place.

shoe box ----that's funny. My cats do the same thing. They have great beds, but anytime I bring in a box they would rather sleep in there than anything else. Here's an example!

[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/PB251893.jpg[/IMG]

Our dogs live outside year round. They have a large enclosed area and a heated house. And their water buckets are heated too. Such spoiled babies.

We just bought an LL Bean large rectangular bed for our girls. It's big enough for all 3 of my labs to cuddle together on. No memory foam here! This thing cost us $100. Before this we were buying a bed every other year from Dr. Fosters and Smith. I need it to be washable and they only hold up so long.

Baron has a wonderful bed in the living room he uses as a toy box. He prefers to sleep here.....

My three schnauzer girls each have a large bed, but prefer to snuggle together on one at a time. Yes of course they take over mine when I try to sleep. lol. Over the last few weeks we have had more than a couple of 3 dog nights! Chele, I hope your little guy gets better soon! He is so cute!

Couches during the day for our two, they have their own spots with quilts and blankets. At night they sleep in our conservatory on metal frame beds my husband made (similar to the Coolaroo design). We make removable covers out of sturdy material (vinyl backed curtain offcuts are pretty good) and fleece in winter. The elevation allows for air circulation and for the bigger dog eliminates pressure on his joints. They are also really easy to clean.

Here's one with my little girl Lacie. It's just a normal pet bed.

There is a Foam store in my area that is supposed to have the pet beds in the memory foam for an awesome price. I'm going to check it out when it's time to replace the one she has now.

I discovered a long time ago that she would not constantly seek the warmth of my lap if I put a heating pad in it. When I am home, it's on but when I'm gone, she goes into her crate and at night, she sleeps with me.

My dog sleeps on the couch. What a spoiled kid..........

I have spent a fortune on dog beds over the years for our two spoiled yellow labs. The best one I have found is one I got at Costco online. It is super heavy duty fabric that washes up as good as new. It has a bolster around the bed so that they have a headrest and the bed part itself has not flattened out over time. I have never seen this kind in the store; only online. We love our poochies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast