Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is the oddest gift you received this year? >

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

Old 12-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Power Poster

In talking to a few people I received numerous laughs over a few of their gifts... I thought this may be a fun thread...
So far I don't have any to add here....but my family is getting together on Sunday to celebrate Christmas :wink:
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 AM

I guess others would think this an odd gift, but I love it. My grandkids gave me a sculpture of a life'size hand giving the "Peace" sign. It's kind of an inside joke. That was one of the first things I taught them as babies and everytime they leave my house we "flash" the sign as they're pulling away in the car. Guess they know what generation grandma is stuck in!! Love them for it.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:43 AM

Thankfully I did not receive any this year!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN
I guess others would think this an odd gift, but I love it. My grandkids gave me a sculpture of a life'size hand giving the "Peace" sign. It's kind of an inside joke. That was one of the first things I taught them as babies and everytime they leave my house we "flash" the sign as they're pulling away in the car. Guess they know what generation grandma is stuck in!! Love them for it.
That is awesome!!! They will never grow to old to give grama the "peace sign" Far Out!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wvdek
Thankfully I did not receive any this year!
I haven't either....yet.... LOL But my family's gifts are waiting for me on Sunday :wink: :D:D:D
Old 12-26-2009, 01:56 PM

We do a white elephant game and this year was theme was "as seen on tv" theme, so we walked away with a clapper and a pair of scissors for opening those difficult plastic containers.
Odd gifts but lots of fun fighting over them :)
Old 12-26-2009, 02:06 PM

I got a "something" from my SIL. Neither my hubby or I can figure out what it is for!!! LOL I will have to ask her. It looks like it could be intended for a pocket tissue holder, (it is made of fabric), but it would be big enough to "almost" hold two. I'll let you know when I find out. :)
Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 PM

This year, my husband and I did get something a little "wierd" from my brother and his wife: an automatic card shuffler and a "poker kit" with chips and stuff. We don't play poker, but she says, "every time we get together, we always see you playing cards, so I thought it would be perfect".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. [whoops, was that sarcasm????]

We play Euchre, mostly because the kids want to have something to do when the relatives they either don't know, don't like, or don't care for are around. Hubby says if we follow SIL's logic, then next year we should just buy her booze ... all she does is talk about how she can't eat this or that because she's diabetic, but she sure can put the booze away!

Ain't life funny?????

Odessa
Old 12-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
This year, my husband and I did get something a little "wierd" from my brother and his wife: an automatic card shuffler and a "poker kit" with chips and stuff. We don't play poker, but she says, "every time we get together, we always see you playing cards, so I thought it would be perfect".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. [whoops, was that sarcasm????]

We play Euchre, mostly because the kids want to have something to do when the relatives they either don't know, don't like, or don't care for are around. Hubby says if we follow SIL's logic, then next year we should just buy her booze ... all she does is talk about how she can't eat this or that because she's diabetic, but she sure can put the booze away!

Ain't life funny?????

Odessa

:lol: :lol: :lol: We all have "those" in our families!!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:13 PM

I got this toe separator thing from my dh.
It sort of looks like those things you put between your toes when you apply nail polish.
Only this is bigger and it is suppose to separate the toes and stretch them after wearing heels all day or confining shoes.

It was a really sweet gift even though I never wear heels so my toes dont need stretched lol :P