What a week!!!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM

So I have this quilt for a LQS that NEEDS to be quilted. I have it 1/3 done. DH left last weekend for a week of fishing. I've been having headaches -- ignored them, but Thursday nite I got scared. I had chills so bad for 45 minutes that I thought I'd break my jaws I was chattering so bad. Called Doctor on Friday and went in. She says I'm having migraines.....gave me a shot and some meds. By the time I got home, I crawled in bed and went to sleep. (now you know that the quilt isn't getting done very fast) The cats were outside!!!!! At 10:45 I got a call from my neighbor. Seems one of my cats got tangled with her visiting son's dog. OH NO! I ran over there. Dasher was under their PU, hiding behing the wheel. I got him out and he was bleeding. I couldn't drive -- meds making me woozy and dizzy!!! I took him to emergency vet 35 miles away this morning. He's lost or hurt the claws on all 4 paws! Poor little guy! They gave him a shot for pain, some pain meds and antibiotics. I feel SO bad for him!!!!

Then DH called at 11:00 and said "Hi honey -- did you have a great week without me?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Google Goddess

Hugs Hugs Hugs
Attached Thumbnails attachment-250977.gif  
Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM

So sorry about your HA's and the poor kitty. I bet he was so happy when you rescued him. Hope he heals well and that you get feeling better as well.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM

What a week indeed!!! I hope you and your cat will soon be back in good shape.

As for the migraines, go up to SEARCH at the top of the page and look for Migraines. There is a long series of comments on them, from me also, since I've suffered for many years with them.

There's lots of help there, hope something will catch your eye and be helpful. But first of all, when you feel one coming on, start a diary of what you ate, starting about 3 days before. Everything you ate and drank, if you were tired or angry, etc. Soon you should begin to see a pattern which will help avoid such things.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 PM

Sorry to read about your little fur ball. Having suffered with migraines since I was 12 years old I can relate to your pain. In my case, it worked out that mine is hereditary. My youngest girl also has them.
Do not drive whilst under medication as I am sure your doctor mentioned.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
What a week indeed!!! I hope you and your cat will soon be back in good shape.

As for the migraines, go up to SEARCH at the top of the page and look for Migraines. There is a long series of comments on them, from me also, since I've suffered for many years with them.

There's lots of help there, hope something will catch your eye and be helpful. But first of all, when you feel one coming on, start a diary of what you ate, starting about 3 days before. Everything you ate and drank, if you were tired or angry, etc. Soon you should begin to see a pattern which will help avoid such things.
I DO watch the foods I eat -- i can't ingest MSG or Aspertame. Ironically, this week was a week with DH gone, I ate nothing but fresh veggies & fruit!!! No seasoning salts......nothing NOT natural!!!! I think, God help me, the culprit is my quilting machine. I've been at it for weeks on end....I'm just too old to do that!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by harrold48
Sorry to read about your little fur ball. Having suffered with migraines since I was 12 years old I can relate to your pain. In my case, it worked out that mine is hereditary. My youngest girl also has them.
Do not drive whilst under medication as I am sure your doctor mentioned.
I know -- the shot and meds made it so I couldn't take him to the emergency vet last night. SO, I didn't take any this morning till I got back -- I can feel the difference!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Sooooooooooo sorry!!!!! :? :? :thumbdown:
Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM

BIG HUGS for you both.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM

here's hoping you can get rid of them without too much meds. Take care and I know hard to do--take breaks from the machine.