Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the weirdest place your pet has taken a nap?

Blog Entries
    I have this big fat fluffy cat, small by no means, but he just HAS to sleep in tiny tight spots. His favorite are kids shoe boxes, He will cram in there till the sides break, then he leaves. His next best is the plastic craft tubs. Just any small tight spot, he will curl up into.

Years ago in my first apartment, my boyfriend (who is now my husband) had won a giant Purple stuffed Turtle. Like any wise young person I put it on top of my refrigerator. I had a cat who used to leap up to this perch and take a nap there. When you disturbed him by opening the refrigerator door, he would swat your head. It was fun to watch unsuspecting - new visitors to the house.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arleners
    Years ago in my first apartment, my boyfriend (who is now my husband) had won a giant Purple stuffed Turtle. Like any wise young person I put it on top of my refrigerator. I had a cat who used to leap up to this perch and take a nap there. When you disturbed him by opening the refrigerator door, he would swat your head. It was fun to watch unsuspecting - new visitors to the house.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    You never know where my bulldog will sleep
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Reminds me of a boxer we used to have. My nephew caller her a kid in a dog's coat! She was brindle but built the same size!!

One of our dogs fell asleep wrapped around a plant in a rather small (for the dog) pot. It was the softest sunny spot that day. I didn't get a picture of that, but one time I found a couple of them sleeping with their tails curled together.

Curly Tails Curl Together
    Name:  Attachment-126698.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  33.7 KB

We used to have a cat who would sleep on top of the TV and regularly fall off of it. She'd land on her feet, but it was obvious that she did not intend to jump. We never figured out why this kept happening. Maybe something to do with alpha rays? She did not fall off of other perches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    My fur-baby, Josh, decided he wants to sleep on the bed, on top of my head. I use two pillows, so he decided the one on top is his. Now, I consider him the guardian of my dreams. He is completely white, with seafoam green/blue eyes - like an angel.
    Josh aka Papitos
    Name:  Attachment-126928.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  53.9 KB

Dont leave dryer door open my mini pin and mini fox terrier are in there in a heart beat. Raised a young baby deer one year and if he got in the house he would go to the bathtub and climb in thats where I had to keep him for a while till I got him well enough to go outside

I had a dog that used to roll around DH's neck and sleep there while he watched TV.

on top of picture frames on a cabinet in the upstairs bathroom

I have so many that I don't know which one to show. This is my DD's dog but how uncomfortable does this look?
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have a chuweenie that likes to sleep with the DH. Usually can find Timmy the dog sleeping between DH legs and dear dog has his head on DH backside.

Blog Entries
    Laughing out loud! More photos, please.

One of my cats used to sleep in the sink in the bathroom. :)

I had a cat once that liked to sleep in an empty fish bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter68
    Laughing out loud! More photos, please.
    Ok here ya go. LOL

my DD with Rosa a foster
    Name:  Attachment-132181.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  62.8 KB

Boots (18 lb cat) likes to become one of those russian fur hats on DH head at night. Lola (7 lb cat) likes to snuggle up under the covers next to me or on the heat vent in the hall or in a basket full of teddy bears. Think about the scene in ET where he blended into the closet full of toys. That is what Lola looks like when she is in there. Also they both think my Grace frame is a cat hammock.

I have a black cat named Top Cat TC for short. Very cool kitty. I came home from one evening and couldn't find him anywhere. I searched everywhere. I started to panic. Then, I heard a noise and here I found him in a dresser drawer. Yes, it was closed. Somehow he crawled in the back of the dresser and fell asleep on my lingerie. That was when he was little. Now he's too big to squeeze into such places. Should have taken a photo.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful stories everyone and I love love the photos!!! Yeah post more photos!!

We inherited my DDs tortoise shell cat when the Drs thought the kids were allergic. I had these Victorian love seats and the bottom of one of them didn't stay very well.

We couldn't find Alley one day and searched high and low for that cat. Finally found her inside the Victorian Love Seat.

Blog Entries
    in the bathroom sink, on top of me on when ever the halogen laps are on they throw off heat.

Blog Entries
    I wish I had the picture, but I had a 100 lb. Chesepeake Bay Retriver--One day she was wet and muddy, so she had to stay in the utility room. There was a small cat bed on the floor, so she curled her big body up in that little bed. It was adorable.

My older cat loves to sleep in the bathtub. Makes a heck of a racket getting in - moves the curtain, pulls the bathrug in - and then curls up and goes to sleep.

Blog Entries
    My Pookie( Peke )sleeps everywhere, top of dinningroom table,on couch, under chair ,my bed, on top of pillows, by the front door where the sunshines in for his winter warmth.
    He is so sweet, he can sleep where he wants and of course on my bed and while I watch TV he's in my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrandt
    I have a black cat named Top Cat TC for short. Very cool kitty. I came home from one evening and couldn't find him anywhere. I searched everywhere. I started to panic. Then, I heard a noise and here I found him in a dresser drawer. Yes, it was closed. Somehow he crawled in the back of the dresser and fell asleep on my lingerie. That was when he was little. Now he's too big to squeeze into such places. Should have taken a photo.
    We had ferrets that liked to do that. Would find them in various drawers. All we had to do is rattle the raisin box and they would come running. Had to lure on out of a wall behind the bathroom sink one time. Good thing he liked those raisins. LOL

Our greyhound Bella loves to sleep on her back and lets it all hang out ... she is nuts!! but we love her..
    Hugs to all of us who quilt and love our crazy pets!
    Quiltinmama
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast