Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what you did for moms day

Blog Entries

Cool what you did for moms day

my kitty gave me her best mousie.
    my son and I took a ride out to the Hamptons to a bird sanctuary to feed birds and walk along the beach. it was so special to spend the time with him.
    what did you do today?

I took my Mom to church, then my husband and I went to lunch with her. Later we will go to the granddaughter's piano concert with my Mom, and will meet my son, his family, my daughter and her family and all their in-laws. It is a beautiful day in South Dakota. Happy Mother's Day to all.

Yesterday, DH and I went out of state for DD#2's graduation from graduate school. She and her hubby sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers on Fri. Today after church, DH and I went out to dinner then came home and napped. Son, daughter in law and baby were at church with us. They are coming over later to visit for a bit. Both my and my husband's mothers are deceased. Youngest DD phoned this afternoon.

Blog Entries
    I went to church with my husband then to Sonic for lunch. Home to quilt and do some laundry. Got a phone call from our son, text from three daughters. Son-in-law is installing my new dishwasher as I type.
    D
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Went to Belle River, Louisiana for a fish fry on the boat dock. It was fun to bpoat ride and visit with children and grandchildren. We were about 30 people there. Gifts were a GC to eat out, a rose, chocolate candy, another eat out card and lots of hugs and kisses.....Even the dog gave me a kiss....Happy Mothers Day PS If you are alone go quilt and say thank God for the quiet to do so. Hugs

Blog Entries
    Went to Fort Snelling National Cemetary to see Mom, and to check out some of the names of men who were decorated during previous wars. Very interesting! Then to Zantigo for dinner with my daughter's family. Lovely day!

Donuts Thursday, GC to Red Lobster, a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. Husband made me breakfast, pancakes and sausage W/eggs. I made myself chocolate cake w/ walnut an coconut icing. From scratch. Made a nice dinner, just me and Husband. Granddaughter brought the strawberries and spent 4 or five hours with us.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I went to my older daughter's house. Her husband grilled. She and my older daughter bought me a gift card for a massage...yea!! There are four grandchildren between the ages of 18 months and 5 years. It makes me crazy going over there because SIL has about five very large piles of cut wood. The oldest is strong and could easily pull a log off and have the pile come tumbling down. He found two steel pokers stuck in the dirt in front of one pile and pulled it out and started running around with it! I just don't understand how they don't see these dangers! I was very happy to get home!

Blog Entries
    sounds like everyone had a great day. glad to read others stories, thanks

Blog Entries
    My son took me out for breakfast this morning, and then on the way home he gave me a shoebox size box that my daughter in law had fixed up. The box was covered in rose patterns, and inside were a matching rose patterned picture album, matching picture frame, candle, and special bath things. The best though was the time with my son. I thought about my mother and mother in law who are no longer here.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I spent the day with my husband. We went out to the back yard are pulled stumps out of the ground with the aid of his tractor. I tended the fire we had going burning the very well dried stumps. Tomorrow will be digging up bitter brush. And getting felled trees cut and ready for burning in the early winter.
    We do this to put a fire defense ring around our home.

Then I spent the afternoon in my sewing room. My husband is taking me to lunch and a day of shopping later this week.

I had a wonderful Mother's day. Hope all of you did as well.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I had a glorious day! Sons, DIL, Grandkids and a friend all over for a grill fest! Lots of ball playing in the front yard....(sorry grass!!). Cards, gifts, and beautiful Cali lilies!! We made chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate covered pretzel rods. Ate too much, but it was all so good!! Hope everyone was able to enjoy the day. DH and I are planning a cemetery-clean-up for later this week. Both Mom's have passed, so it's bittersweet to go!

I spent my whole day with my mom, don't do any kind of work just to stay at home and pass my time with her. It was the best time of my life. Not even on the mothers days i often stay at home with my mom because i really love her and i think it is due to her blessings that i am standing at the top right now.

Well I am not a mom nor do I have one living, so my day was a bit different. I operated a chicken relocation service.

A neighbor had 6 old hens he was going to kill so I found two other neighbors who would take them, and I brought them to their new homes. Did my good deed (mitzvah) for the day. I hope the hens appreciated it!

I'm happy to hear everyone had a nice Mothers Day. For some reason unknown to me - my DH and DD don't celebrate Mother's day. I went to the nursing home and took my Mom a bouquet of daisies and roses on Saturday.

Blog Entries
    We celebrated Mother’s Day with my DD and her family along with celebrating my granddaughters 8th birthday. My son and his family called me from CO and they all sang Happy Mother’s Day to the tune of Happy Birthday. My husband made me breakfast and dinner and did all the chores of the day to include cutting and washing the dog. I got to sit out on the patio enjoying the sun, my company then reading a real page turner, “Tethered” by Amy Mackinnon. Later when I went to turn in for the night, my husband had a gift of “Red Door” cologne dressed with a bow sitting on my pillow.... I felt very spoiled and loved!
    You can choose to live your live as though nothing is a miracle; or as though everything is a miracle!

Blog Entries
    I chose not to acknowledge Mother's Day this year with my mom passing
    just a week earlier on the 4th.

All I did was request my family not acknowledge to ME.

They all understood and did as I requested.

My husband & I did our "normal" thing of going to eat breakfast
    on Sunday morning, but thankfully the place we went also knows
    us, so Melody (our server) knew not to bring up the subject, she
    is so sweet.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My brother came up on Saturday to spend time with Mom. As soon as he arrived, my DH and I put him to work. There were a few things to be done at Mom's house that it just took that many and one that needed three men with strong backs to do. Then we all (including my oldest son) went out to eat Saturday night. That left me to be home Sunday with absolutely nothing to do but what I wanted to do. Which was nothing. Sat around the house for a while and read then took the dog for a long walk and let her run thru the woods chasing whatever she could find.
    Sharyl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
    I chose not to acknowledge Mother's Day this year with my mom passing
    just a week earlier on the 4th.

All I did was request my family not acknowledge to ME.

They all understood and did as I requested.

My husband & I did our "normal" thing of going to eat breakfast
    on Sunday morning, but thankfully the place we went also knows
    us, so Melody (our server) knew not to bring up the subject, she
    is so sweet.
    So sorry for the recent loss of your Mom, may all your wonderful memories of her bring you peace. God bless you!
    You can choose to live your live as though nothing is a miracle; or as though everything is a miracle!

Blog Entries
    Had a great day, got up at 5 am after only going to sleep a little after 1am. Went to work from 7 to 7pm. During that time most of my kids, friends and family called or text me. My daughter invited me over for a surprise dinner; my son,his girl and her daughter were there as well. We had shrimp and beef k-bobs, corn on the cob and beans. She also made me a wonderful butter pecan cake with caramel icing, sooooo good. She got me a diamond necklace and earrings, kids made me a sculpture with their handprints on it and son got me wild flowers. My favorite flowers because they last so much longer. Didn't get home until1230am so another night of not sleeping and now working yet another 12 hour shift. I will so be sleeping tonight. It was a very good mothers day and a great day in general. Now, just to stay awake for today. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My oldest son told me that the 500 he loaned me a few months ago was my mothers day present. When I told him no and that I was still going to pay him, he said I couldn't make him take it. I guess it'll be something I'll have to put in my will. He can't tell me no then, anyways and make it stick. Of course, then he'll know I won't need it anyways. I hope all had a fantastic day, mother or not. We women go thru a lot and so deserve a day just for that.
    Judy

Power Poster
    Had a great Mothers' Day. Mine was kinda spread out so I was pampered a little longer which is good.

Well, it was strange!! Was to go to DD's for dinner....got ready (tho can't remember combing my hair!) went out to the car......became aware again that evening in the ER! Apparently I went to the car and couldn't remember where I was going so went back into the apt. DD called cause I was late.....said I didn't know it was Mother's Day, etc. They called the squad who took me to the ER. I remember absolutely nothing after getting ready til in the ER later. Missed my lasagna and peach cobbler!! Stayed overnight, MRI, nothing! DX is Transient Global Amnesia....you're telling me!!! All seems ok today, came home about 2 pm. Will have EEG and FU in neuro clinic. One task is to not get freaked out worrying about it happening again! I really feel kind of like being in the twilight zone.....all that missing time! I'm 80 next month....let's hope I make it IN GOOD SHAPE til 85!! Tinker was very glad to see me today, and I her! It *was* nice to be coddled for a day altho a different setting would be nice!

Blog Entries
    I forgot, where we live in our development, we have a clubhouse. We went for a great brunch. when my son and I went to the sanctuary, he bought me a Mr. softee ice cream, he said it so cute, I got it this time mom, happy mothers day. the day was special.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    Well, it was strange!! Was to go to DD's for dinner....got ready (tho can't remember combing my hair!) went out to the car......became aware again that evening in the ER! Apparently I went to the car and couldn't remember where I was going so went back into the apt. DD called cause I was late.....said I didn't know it was Mother's Day, etc. They called the squad who took me to the ER. I remember absolutely nothing after getting ready til in the ER later. Missed my lasagna and peach cobbler!! Stayed overnight, MRI, nothing! DX is Transient Global Amnesia....you're telling me!!! All seems ok today, came home about 2 pm. Will have EEG and FU in neuro clinic. One task is to not get freaked out worrying about it happening again! I really feel kind of like being in the twilight zone.....all that missing time! I'm 80 next month....let's hope I make it IN GOOD SHAPE til 85!! Tinker was very glad to see me today, and I her! It *was* nice to be coddled for a day altho a different setting would be nice!
    Maybe you have a urinary tract infection. My mother, who is now 85, passed out a few years ago. EMS took her to the ER, after all kinds of tests were run with no answer, the dr. ordered a urine test, and yep, she had a UTI. We learned that fainting is fairly common with UTIs. Also, possible dehydration. My mother was dehydrated another time, now she drinks plenty of water every day. Take care of yourself.

I worked down a coworker, happy mothers day to me
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast