Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When looking for something . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Mother and I have been sewing together for 3 days; today we 'lost' a pair of orange-handled Fiskars embroidery scissors.
    We worked in a 10' square space.
    ALL fabric we were using was on 1 table.
    Cutting and sewing were done on 1 table, ironing was done on another table.
    We sat facing each other at the sewing table.
    Except for trips to the bathroom and one trip to the refrigerator for our already-prepared lunch, we didn't move from this space.
    We have searched the trash cans, all the fabric scraps, under the machines, on the floor on our hands and knees, in our pockets, behind/under/in everything we can think of, even the 'frig and the bathroom sink....
    and no scissors.
    The quilting gremlin got them, obviously.
    If you see him, bash him on the nose for us!

Jan in VA
    If this were me, I would go look for them in the refrigerator, and that's where I would find them. I have a bad habit of carrying things around and setting them in strange places. If I could channel all the energy I waste looking for things into quilting time, I would be the fastest quilter in the West!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

My problem is walking into the room and forget what I went in for. I cannot believe how many times that happens to me.

I lost my instruction book to a new Brother sewing machine. I looked everywhere for almost two years and thought it had been thrown away. I picked up a zip lock bag full of patterns I had printed out looking for a pattern for some new fabric and there was my book right in the middle of them. I was so happy I forgot about finding a pattern.

Blog Entries
    Me too!!! One time when my boys were very little, I bought a couple of last minute Christmas gifts and put them away. Well, I completely forgot about them and didn't come across them, again, until Easter the next year. I couldn't believe I had done it. My boys were very happy I found them. lol

Blog Entries
    For a while, my DH solved this problem for me. He was very helpful when it came to looking for my lost things. He did finally get tired of it though. So he told me when I was going to put away something very important that I was working on or with, to give it to him and he would put it away for me in his center desk drawer in his office. Then I would know where to find it, whatever it was. I had to give it back to him each time I used it. That worked for a while until I had too many things for him to store there. Now we are back to the old way of doing things. I lose them and he helps me find them. He will only look for so long though. lol

Blog Entries
    Tropical, I can relate. I used to do this all the time. Back when I bought all year, I would hide stuff from the kids and never find it until way after Christmas.

TV remote in the freezer
    All my keys hung on dry cleaned uniform's hangers
    Panic time - couldn't find dog - sitting in my walk-in closet waiting patiently to be let out
    June

Power Poster
    i do it alot buy fabric forget about it then find it when looking for something else!
    QUILTNMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2