Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When you are sewing

I don't listen to anything while in my sewing room, driving or in the house, I also don't watch television, except once in a blue moon, I like peace and quiet, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I listen to talk radio or even classic old radio shows - I get the biggest kick out of those shows.

It's audio books for me. I have a tiny MP3 player (for you Apple folks, that's a toy just like an ipod but mine is a Creative Zen) and am addicted to it. Books download free from the library's Overdrive service.
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Quote Originally Posted by lildinks2013 View Post
    What music do you listen too when you are working on your projects of love?
    I usually have my radio tuned to 105.9 FM, a Christian rock/worship music station. Its soothing and I can pray as I sew the charity quilts I make.
    Sharon in Texas

I listen to audio books, not music.

I have an Ipod down in my sewing room and I just turn it to play all the songs alphabetical so it could be classical, country, rock (Elvis, Gene Pitney), easy listening (Lettermen, Everly Bros) or christian music. I also added books to my Ipod so if I'm into listening to that I change it to a book. Also put a small TV and DVD player above my machines but so far I haven't turned it on ever and that's 4 years now.

As you can see I like the oldies as well as some of the newer groups such as IL DIVO and the group of boys that just won the British Got Talent.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Usually the tv is on and the dogs are running around. My ears don't make it easy for me to understand the words to the music all the time. I'm good with a station that is nothing but instrumental. not to easy though otherwise I'll go to sleep at my machine. Sometimes i'll have the older movie channels on.

I stream Pandora and listen to a variety depending on my mood. It's generally classic rock, soft rock, or if I'm wanting something more low key I listen to their Chill Out Radio or Dan Fogelberg Radio.
    Last edited by Leslie333; 01-17-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    I prefer traditional Christian hymns, and the like.

I usually have the TV on. I knew one quilter that would listen to audiobooks but I can't seem to do two things at one time.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I listen to audio books. Might have to try music on occasion.

Audio books are a standard for me. I am in the middle of listening to "The Racketeer" by John Grisham. The problem is that I can only listen to that one while I am doing "mindless" sewing since it is more dense than the fluffy mysteries I usually listen to while sewing! On detailed work, I have to turn it off and listen to music. I listen to classical, modern choral, classic rock, and Broadway.

Pam

I stream Pandora too. What I listen to depends on my mood. I have stations I've created for Rosemary Clooney, Frank Sinatra (this one and Rosemary Clooney are smooth jazz/standards), George Jones (old honky tonk country), 70s Rock, Lady Antebellum (new country), Christmas, Motown, Contemporary Christian/worship, classical, Etta James (Motown with a blues component). Seems like there are a couple missing. I have a very broad eclectic taste in music.

Elvis----for me there is nothing else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2