Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why buy the biggest embroidery machine hoops?

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koller View Post
    A larger hoop is good. So many embroidery patterns are fir the larger hoop. You can use the 5x7 but you gave to do so many hooping.
    I so agree that the larger hoops are wonderful. When I bought my gently-used Babylock Ellegante, the 12 x 7 was the largest hoop available (for my budget at the time), so I purchased design-splitting software to be able to sew the larger designs. If I were able, budget-wise, to have a machine with larger hoops, that I would do in a heartbeat, but sometimes those machines are out of reach for a lot of people, as they were for me at the time. If I were to do a larger design, I would use the largest hoop I have to cut down on the hoopings, that's for sure. Those newer machines with the larger hoops are simply wonderful, I drool every time I go in to my local dealer, but I guess it all boils down to what a person can afford.
    Last edited by ShirlR; 12-28-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: restructure wording
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    I have one that has a large hoop but the one I use most is the 5x7
    me too. yes there are things out there for bigger hoops but most design can be done in a 5x7 it just depends on what you want to do with it
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
    you will quickly outgrow a small hoop when you see whats available in embroidery patterns...I had only a 5x7 and wish I had had bigger....go big from the b eginning

Going "big" means going more $$$ for the machine that handles the largest hoops. The hoops just don't work on every machine. Shoppers need to inquire about the capability of the machine itself. I have the Janome 9900.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Quote Originally Posted by ShirlR View Post
    I so agree that the larger hoops are wonderful. When I bought my gently-used Babylock Ellegante, the 12 x 7 was the largest hoop available (for my budget at the time), so I purchased design-splitting software to be able to sew the larger designs. If I were able, budget-wise, to have a machine with larger hoops, that I would do in a heartbeat, but sometimes those machines are out of reach for a lot of people, as they were for me at the time. If I were to do a larger design, I would use the largest hoop I have to cut down on the hoopings, that's for sure. Those newer machines with the larger hoops are simply wonderful, I drool every time I go in to my local dealer, but I guess it all boils down to what a person can afford.

Very true!
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2