Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why isn't cleaning house... >

Why isn't cleaning house...

Why isn't cleaning house...

Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 AM

as fun as keeping my sewing area clean? Seriously....the house can just about fall down around me. Dishes in the sink, laundry to be washed, laundry to folded, toys to be picked up and I procrastinate. Now my sewing area on the other hand can't get too bad cause then I can't work! It cleans up much faster than everything else too! You think it could be cause I'm the only one making the mess in here?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 AM

It never ends! I am so sick of picking up and house cleaning I could scream! My sewing room looks like a bomb went off in there. But when I go in and start cleaning I start sewing instead. What a waste of time to be cleaning but has to be done or get a maid.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 AM

I relate! Did you know we can dry on towels that have not been folded. Just find a door to shove them behind and they are all ready. Our socks do not have to be matched before they go in the drawer. Just open the drawer and pick two that look alike. Works like a charm. Lingerie do not have to be folded. No one but me knows if I vaccumed once this week or 3 times. We just have to have our priorities! Good post./Regards, Dorothy
Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

When my kids were still at home and I got tired of them not picking up and cleaning after themselves, I went on strike. No cooking, cleaning, laundry, nothing!!! I wouldn't even take them anywhere...
It took about 4 days and then they knew I was SERIOUS!!! They helped get everything cleaned and put away... sometimes you just have to take a stand.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

I think because in the sewing are it is "yours" and everywhere else it is everyone :roll: Easier to fix your area... and more tiring to keep cleaning up after others , especially if they are older :?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:06 AM

well we are down to basics here....we have a sock drawer and all socks go in it....you want them you match them! haven't folded lingerie in years...got a basket in the closet I throw it all in. Its the constant laundry and dishes that get me...those two are a never ending cycle!
Old 07-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

I know what you mean. I get so frustrated picking up after my kids. They are all adults and can do for themselves. I finally decided to just throw the stuff on their beds and they can figure it out. I close the doors and just forget it.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I relate! Did you know we can dry on towels that have not been folded. Just find a door to shove them behind and they are all ready. Our socks do not have to be matched before they go in the drawer. Just open the drawer and pick two that look alike. Works like a charm. Lingerie do not have to be folded. No one but me knows if I vaccumed once this week or 3 times. We just have to have our priorities! Good post./Regards, Dorothy
I agree...this house will be here when I'm gone and I want to spend my time here at least having some fun!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM

I'm tired of cleaning up after DH. He just walks through a room and somehow leaves stuff everywhere. He makes a cup of coffee and the kitchen is destroyed. Seriously-I make less of a mess cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people than he makes just making ONE cup of coffee!! (And he's an adult!!)
OK-end of rant; I feel better.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I'm tired of cleaning up after DH. He just walks through a room and somehow leaves stuff everywhere. He makes a cup of coffee and the kitchen is destroyed. Seriously-I make less of a mess cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people than he makes just making ONE cup of coffee!! (And he's an adult!!)
OK-end of rant; I feel better.
hide the coffee cups until he cleans up the kitchen... :P