Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Your favorite online fabric stores

Your favorite online fabric stores

My daughter just bought a beach house and wants to make drapes in bedroom for sliding door leading to patio. she lives in Canada and house is here in Ct. she will be mailing fabric to me. lol Any online stores that are not too dear. Would appreciate help . Thank youl

I often seem to find what I'm looking for at Fabric.com. Have had good service from them, including a couple of returns due to colors that didn't work once I saw them in person. Their prices can be somewhat less than fabric stores. They are now discounting for multiple yards. I might just add that I found it to be quite expensive to make drapes/curtains. You can buy them in a store for less. I hate to discourage anyone from sewing and getting exactly what they want, but that was my experience. With that said, I am kind of proud of my lined, grommet, window sill length drapes. They turned out nicely and are exactly what I wanted. Probably cost me about $150 and lots of time.

Repurposing other fabrics is cheaper (table cloths, shower curtains, etc) Otherwise, fabric.com or fabricdepot.com. you might also check EBAY and Etsy. Often you can find someone destashing. Here in the Phoenix area we have discount home Dec fabric places. Check your local listings.

I usually go to Amazon. The fabrics I order from there generally come from Fabric.com or Hancock's in Paducah.
    Lori

Blog Entries
    Fabric Shack

This is the site I go to first for curtains, drapes, etc. I like that they have $1 samples of their fabric.
    https://www.fabricguru.com/index.php
    Have bought lots over the last couple of years and been pleased.

Found lots of fabric I liked, wonderful site.
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

Connecting Threads.

I just want the address of the beach house and which week I can go.

Blog Entries
    Fabric.com has been my go- to fabric shop for almost 20 years. I always check there first.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Hancocks of Paducah, Fabric Inc, Connecting Threads.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I'd go and take a look at the Fab Shop Hop. They list out online stores (and you can win free stuff!). Since joining I have found a NUMBER of new online favorites. Lots with discounts monthly, too! Good luck

Thank you ladies for your suggestion. This will give her a start looking and finding out how expensive fabric is now.lol Sorry, Just a bit Crazy. but we are keeping the location secret. lol

Blog Entries
    I love fabric.com. I redid my house by the beach and found so many prints (at very reasonable prices) to go with my plan. Even more important, I was short one fabric and quickly reordered. And, in my haste, I ordered a slightly different shade - to many beachy aquas! They were great when I called them. They immediately sent the correct one and told me to return the wrong cut for a refund. I thanked them for the offer but, of course, kept the wrong cut for a future project! We never know when we would need it! I have also purchased cotton for quilts. I only get it on sale and usually just my focus fabric, but, always can find a unique print for a special quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
    Repurposing other fabrics is cheaper (table cloths, shower curtains, etc) Otherwise, fabric.com or fabricdepot.com. you might also check EBAY and Etsy. Often you can find someone destashing. Here in the Phoenix area we have discount home Dec fabric places. Check your local listings.
    I've used local discounted fabric outlets for home dec fabric in my last 2 houses. I bought drapery weight chintz for a few dollars a yard. I've also bought on sale fabrics from the now deceased Hancock fabrics and from Joann's fabrics and done well.

I guess it depends on what you want. I have never found that I could buy lined draperies for less than I could make them. I don't like pinch pleats so I don't worry about doing that. With buying discounted fabrics and linings I've been able to make floor to ceiling drapes for 2 different houses for a fraction of what I could buy them for. Curtains might be different. I dont' have curtains anymore, just blinds or shades.
    Patrice S

I have always found Connecting Threads' fabric to be reasonably priced and very good quality.
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Hobby Lobby has beautiful drapery fabrics at a good price. If you want the pleated look without the hard work you can buy a tape to sew on the back that has the holes for the hooks and when the hooks are inserted it makes the pleats for you without all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    Hobby Lobby has beautiful drapery fabrics at a good price. If you want the pleated look without the hard work you can buy a tape to sew on the back that has the holes for the hooks and when the hooks are inserted it makes the pleats for you without all the work.
    Good to know, Pat.
    Patrice S

Thousands of Bolts, Whittle fabrics, both have excellent service and good prices.

Connecting Threads and MSQC