Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is your glass half empty or half full? >

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Some days the glass must be emptied of the dregs that are in it, washed out, and filled with something refreshing.

So - a glass with something good in it - any amount - is a good thing.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 PM

I will go to read the vent because sometimes folks just need to air stuff out. I might have a solution to the problem. However, if it's a thread just to gripe about something, I go on to other things.

I'm not a Pollyanna, but I do try to look on the brighter side of things. I hope for the best & generally get it in some form. I just get a little frustrated when I'm trying to do that & folks just want to drag me down. But then again when that happens, I walk away from that person.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
Totally agree. I'm bad about just hitting the Back button when I see things going down the toilet here. I need to try to help instead. Will try to remember that. :)
You make a good point Eddie! We all need to try and turn things around if they are headed in the wrong direction.
LOL...somebody willing to drag stuff out of the toilet...Yippeee!
I just hate that job ;) :lol:
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

Well my glass is neither a 1/2 full glass or 1/2 empty glass. My darn glass broke!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would say I am a 1/2 full person.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by Eddie
Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
Totally agree. I'm bad about just hitting the Back button when I see things going down the toilet here. I need to try to help instead. Will try to remember that. :)
You make a good point Eddie! We all need to try and turn things around if they are headed in the wrong direction.
LOL...somebody willing to drag stuff out of the toilet...Yippeee!
I just hate that job ;) :lol:
Especially when the last person forgot to flush!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

[quote=MousieLOL...somebody willing to drag stuff out of the toilet...Yippeee!
I just hate that job ;) :lol:[/quote]

That is what that hand reacher is for. You know the one that they advertise for use with wheel chairs. Then I don't put my hand in the toilet.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by stpatmom
I am definitely half full until I feel as though I'd burst if I didn't say something. With some of the complaints about quilt shops, I just thank my lucky stars to have the ones that I have near me. My favorite saying is, "Well, if that's the worst thing that happens to me today, then I'm a lucky girl!"
I find those threads about shops particularly uncomfortable, I can't help thinking that is someone's livelihood and business being discussed, what if it's a one off, what if the customer was actually one of those customers from hell that can never be satisfied. You only get one side of the story, and the willingness of people to jump on the bandwagon and condemn so quickly always disturbs me. It's another Libran trait, the desire for justice and balance.
Lately I have noticed that there are a lot of really negative things being said about chain stores. What is really bothering me is that all of the stores are looped into the same category(poor service/poor classes/only out to make money etc...). Maybe it is just where I live, but I don't see the negative problems of service or classes with stores here. I don't mean to step on any toes and I am not reading those threads anymore because it is just too hard not to take it personally. I have had a rare complaint with these stores as well as the LQS but if I do I am going to them personally, not in a post they will neer see. Thanks for listening. I feel better now just having said this.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 AM

Roof over my head, food on the table, FABRIC TO SEW, MY cup is running over.
Thanks for this topic. I skip the whinners!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter68
Roof over my head, food on the table, FABRIC TO SEW, MY cup is running over.
Thanks for this topic. I skip the whinners!
Good motto to live by!