Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is your glass half empty or half full? >

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:57 PM

Note: This is my own personal opinion, as a member of this board not a moderator, and I have *not* discussed this with admin.

I've noticed an increasing amount of negativity in here lately and think it's starting to get out of hand. (and yes, I do realise the irony in posting this! LOL)

From bad service to overheard comments to even being outraged on someone else's behalf! Pick your misery, it's all here.

When you go on and on about something annoying that has happened, you're taking that ten minutes of negative attitude and stretching it out to hours of misery, and not only that, you're dragging others into it too. It's not healthy, it DOES get you down, whether you realise it or not.

It's not what happens to you in life that determines who you are, it's how you react to what happens to you. You can't control what other people do, you can only control you. So choose to let it go, choose to focus on the half full, choose to be positive and you'll be amazed at how your life can change.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 PM

I had not noticed this, but I have not posted or read a lot lately - I have been busy with the secret pal swap. I can see venting, but perhaps not to the extent that it is sometimes. If they make light of it, that is one thing, if they don't entirely another.

I will take your words into consideration for myself. Thank you for posting this.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
I had not noticed this, but I have not posted or read a lot lately - I have been busy with the secret pal swap. I can see venting, but perhaps not to the extent that it is sometimes. If they make light of it, that is one thing, if they don't entirely another.

I will take your words into consideration for myself. Thank you for posting this.
Everyone needs to vent, for sure, but there is a time and a place, and honestly I don't think this is it. This is a public site, it's kind of like standing in the middle of the town square and having a moan at everyone who walks past. ;)
Old 07-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Thank you. I come here to escape and enjoy my love of Quilting. Appreciate the reminder.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Thank you both for taking it in the spirit it was intended. :)
Old 07-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Blue Chicken, you are a kind Kiwi. I personally haven't noticed, but I try to avoid negative topics and things that hurt. I know if it hurts me, it hurts others. I like to just quilt and see the postings and share quilting stuff. Since I do not know any of you personally, I don't feel I should stick my nose in too often nor too deeply. I like my nose. (((( to all ))))

blessings,
Ruth
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM

I read that venting is actually bad for you.

But yeah, I have noticed a lot of negative lately.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:22 PM

I usually just back out and go my own way. I do respond if something seems unnecessarily mean. I'm a half full kind of girl. I do love this forum in large part because it has not had so much negativity. I would like to see it stay that way, so I'm right there with you.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Raising my "half full" glass to you :D:D:D
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 PM

When it gets to a certain level I think it's hard to ignore, and you can't "unsee" something once you've seen it.