Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello from Arkansas (a transplanted upstate NYer)

TY miss Amma,,and yes,,Life IS good! :thumbup:

Hi Kate, I'm in Benton. I also crochet and knit some and have now started to quilt. Made several log cabin quilts many years ago tho and have a counted cross stitch block quilt in my quilting frame.
    Judy

Hi Miss Grandme!! and welcome to a wonderful site! This Quilting board is great! I am meeting (online)so many wonderful ppl! You aren't too far from me, neighbor! I don't knit well,,I've really only made two knitted things that are worth mentioning-a sweater for my son eons ago (he was 17) and a little jogging outfit for a baby. I crochet pretty darn good if I must say so myself,,lol,,except for doggy sweaters,,I think I did something wrong with mine b'cuz my room mates dog can't walk in the one I made him,,LMBO! I've made the Irish chain quilt, a twin size log cabin, and a bear's claw twin, but I plan to learn paper piecing and other quilts, oh and I made a pinwheel quilt ,,,the last 3 were done by hand,,every stitch, b'cuz back then I didn't have a sewing machine, I also did a cat wall hanging,,anyway, nice to meet you :lol:

Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself - from VERY upstate NY (30 mi to Canada). You lived in that oh-so-beautiful Finger Lakes area in NY; I sure hope you relocated to someplace beautiful in Arkansas.

You were also right in the snowbelt and I'm sure you don't miss that. Being as far north as we are, we're spared much of it, but we're still here with about 8-10" most of this winter. It's great quilting by the woodstove.

You'll enjoy this forum - what talent! Welcome and enjoy.

Hello and Welcome from Florida! Glad to have you join us!

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Welcome from Northern California!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from Oregon

Hi there Miss Jo,,yes I was in the Fingerlakes region,,I used to love going to Seneca Lake and just sitting there and vegging,,lol,,We have had snow here a few times here, reminded me of upstate Ny's lake effect snow,,but it's all gone now, sun is shining, dogs are outside and quiet for a change (I have 11 fur-babies,,lol)
    Ty for the welcome,,and yes,,,there is so much talent here!! I feel a little intimidated,,but I am hoping to catch up to the newest artist soon,,lol,,right now I'm an OLD newbie artist,,I can't create without a pattern,,sigh,,,hope to chat with soon--kate

Blog Entries
    Anyway, for you upstate NYers, ever hear of Waterloo or Romulus? I lived in both places(at different times of course,,lol)
    Those are close to me!! Less than an hour away!! :-D
    I'm on the other side of Geneva.

hello from new jersey.

Well howdy then Miss Karla,, :-P Other side of Geneva, would that be Canandaigua? I kinda miss Waterloo,,miss Romulus more though--it was further out into the country

hey there, Miss butterfly,,,I did my 10 wk AIT at Ft Dix,,I hear it closed now,,,ty for the greeting :-P

Blog Entries
    Well, kate--we're in the middle of those two toward Penn Yan. I love it here!!

Karla, I checked out your website and fell in love with the horses and your quilts. One of these days I will have pretty quilts to show off.

Judy

Kate 59; Welcome; I have a DIL in Wayland; Finger Lakes area of NY looks a lot like Mid Tn. You will like this board; no quilt police.

ty Miss Charvan,,I kinda miss upstate NY, but NOT enough to move back there,,lol,, :-P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2