Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello from New York/Scotland

Hello and welcome from a dull and dreich Scotland! If you get homesick, just keep reminding yourself of the $22 price tag for a metre of fabric here, lol!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Hello and welcome from a dull and dreich Scotland! If you get homesick, just keep reminding yourself of the $22 price tag for a metre of fabric here, lol!

Lol this is so true! Even with import its still cheaper to buy from US!

hi from another Granite City dweller

Thank you so much for that information, that's very helpful. We have now moved in and I will get over to Astoria and find the store as soon as I get the chance.

Haha!! Thank you!! Yes, I will remember that, I'm going to be moving back with cases full of fabric I think .

Hi from Maryland.

Hi, and Welcome to the board. The next 3 years will pass so quickly once you start quilting. I'm in Illinois, maybe you can just do an online search for a guild in your area, or call the local Chamber of Commerce in your city and get a phone number for a Guild. Well, Good luck hope your search goes well.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from NE Ohio.

Well, I have arrived in my new house and am starting my quilting career. I went to a couple of classes while I was in Hawaii last month so my first endeavour, already under way, will be a Hawaiian quilt. I am planning to visit Bennington, Vermont next month to see the Jane Stickle quilt so I think that may be an ongoing project from then as well. Still no signs of a quilters guild near me so I may just have to start one myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2