Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi I found a sewing machine and would like to find the owner >

Hi I found a sewing machine and would like to find the owner

Hi I found a sewing machine and would like to find the owner

Old 06-02-2021, 05:44 AM

First of all let me welcome you to the QB. I can't imagine someone just leaving a sewing machine on the sidewalk! My thought is it was put out to be disposed of. I pick up older machines at garage sales from time to time. After a sale is complete I have picked up one on the sidewalk that went unsold waiting for trash pick up. It worked great! This could be worth taking in and having repaired for your own personal use. Take some classes at Joann's and start sewing again. You can amaze yourself with a new ability!
Old 06-06-2021, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
thank you. I posted on 1 place. i wonder if there are any sewing fourms for my area.. in Oakland Ca. ?
I appreciate the ideas and suggestions. I am trying to get into the facebook oakland.. have request .. hope i will remember to check back tomrrow.

i did the mess i made untangled. it really is a nice machine. I am sure someone is missing it. maybe i should make a little flyer and staple near where i found the machine ?
I hope you weren't in the area near Telegraph & 62nd street. My daughter & her family live in that area & are in the process of moving. I keep 2 sewing machines at their house to have when I visit. What color is the machine you found? mine are white.
But I do know in that area it is common for people to put things out on the sidewalk to give away. Because I'm a sewing machine nut I always looked for a sidewalk sewing machines but never found one, LOL.
Also the neighborhood Next Door email is very popular & read.
Old 06-21-2021, 01:17 PM

if you don't find and owner and want to play with it, we can probably help you out in getting it happy.
Howdy from Kansas.