Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I'm new here...wanted to say hello from WV! >

I'm new here...wanted to say hello from WV!

I'm new here...wanted to say hello from WV!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 AM

Hello from WV. I stumbled across this site by accident, but I am so happy I did! :D I saw the topic to introduce myself, so I thought I would. My name is Miranda. I live in WV, and I love it here. I like to say that I am a quilter, but I have never actually finished a quilt! LOL! I will, though, I promise! I do lots of things, though. I am a "cake artist"...I bake and decorate lots of cakes. I recently made my first wedding cake for my BIL and SIL. I like to crochet, but I'm not really good at it, yet. I am trying to teach myself to knit. I started learning how to cast on and off last year, then I got really busy. I have two small children, so I have a lot of unfinished things going on! I like to sew and cook and bake and create and craft and photography...I really like everything! I have never had a class for anything. I am self-taught on everything I do. I taught myself to play guitar as a teenager when my parents wouldn't/couldn't buy me lessons. From that moment on, I took things into my own hands. I think if you wanna do it bad enough, and if you have it in you enough, you can do it!!!!!!!!! Well, thanks for your time and letting me ramble on a bit about myself. :D
Old 12-14-2006, 04:13 PM

Welcome Buttercream, You sound like you have alot going on. Well your in the right place if you want help with quilting. Alot of info here and generous people to help and share.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 PM

Awww. Thanks! :D
Old 12-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Hello there. Iam Misty and I now live in Va. But I am from a tiny town in WV. knowen as Williamson. Which part are you from?
Misty
Old 12-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Misty56, I am a Braxton County girl. What county is Williamson in? We like to travel WV and see different places. We've been to Seneca and Smoke Hole Caverns, Black Water Falls in DAvis; Babcock STate Park--where the famous grist mill is that is on calendars and posters and pictures everywhere! We travel up to Clarksburg several times a year and down to Charleston a lot. Summersville is about 45 minutes away, and we go there all the time.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM

Williamson is Mingo county. It is about 80 miles south east of Charleston.
And I also lived in Charleston for several years before moving to the east coast....Misty
Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 PM

Ha Buttercreamcake artist..I Have freinds in Braxton county.....I'm from Genoa WV....About 1 hr and half from charleston...Glad you joined the group...I have learned new things on here.....Good Luck in your Projects!Beve