New Quilter

Old 01-03-2008, 04:42 PM

Hello Everyone, I just joined the group and would like to introduce myself. I have been quilting for a whole 2 months now and I am totally addicted. I dont know anyone who quilts and have been learning what I can from books. I live in Littleton, Colorado with my DH, and 2 DS's. I am so excited to find this group and look forward to learning and sharing. Thank You , Deb
Old 01-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Hello Deb,
You will like it here. It seems like there is always an answer to your questions.
Judy In Ohio
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Hi Deb,
Glad you joined our group. This is a great place to make friends and have your questions answered. We would love to see pictures of your projects.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:16 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am going to try to figure out how to post some pics.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 PM

Hi Deb and welcome, both to this group and to the quilting world! I love your enthusiasm. What brought you to the quilt world? For me, I fell in love with a pattern I saw, which sort of opened the door for my wanting to learn to make quilts, but it wasn't until I had a niece get married and I innocently thought a home made king sized quilt (bargello style) would be a wonderful, easy gift that I actually did anything about my interest. Never start with a king sized quilt, especially when there is less than two months to finish it. Lol. Is there something in particular that caught your eye or were you one of those lucky ones who had a grandma who quilted and it runs in your blood?

If you are looking for some great ways to learn about quilting, besides the Internet (which I love!), a good resource for quilting can often be your local PBS station or if you have HGTV you can catch old shows of Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson. I learned to quilt from that show and was very bummed when it was canceled. They still show reruns though and that is very helpful. If you get a chance, definitely watch those. PBS runs several sewing shows on the weekend. Where I live (I'm in Idaho) we get two sewing shows on Sunday afternoon and one of them is always Fons and Porter. That is another fabulous show and if you get it, definitely watch it and tape it if at all possible. The nice thing with them is that their show usually corresponds to whatever is going on in their magazine. Hope this helps. I can't wait to hear about your quilting projects!
~Tiffany
Old 01-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Hello Tiffany and thank you for your welcome. The thing that brought me to the quilting world really was I happened to catch an episode of Simply Quilts on HGTV and thought I would give it a try. I tivo all the quilting shows and watch them late at night when the family is asleep. I just recently discovered Fons and Porter and I love them also. I am waiting now for the material I ordered to start the BC BOM and I am going to try a reversable quilt pattern I just ordered. I think your king size bargello was very ambious for a first quilt and admire your guts. Deb
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Welcome to our quilting family. You are going to just love it here. I'm a new quilter myself and I have found some really great friends here. Everyone is talented and willing to share their advise which has really helped me since I also am self taugt. Just jump right in and get to know everyone. If you have any qestions just ask and I promise you will get some great answers.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Hi Deb,
I have lots of quilt stash items to sell if you want to take a look at my www.freewebs.com/quiltingspecial website. Welcome to the very addictive quilting world.
Donna
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM

Hi, Deb and welcome to the family! We are tickled to have you! I'm sure this will become one of your favorite places! :)
Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM

Hi! I live in Centennial and I'm glad you joined. There are TONS of quilters who are willing to help you learn in this area. I've been quilting for less than a year and I've met people in the guild that I joined as well as the three nearby fabric shops (well, and one across town). Try Holly's Quilt Cabin at Holly and County Line Rd. They have classes there. Type to you later :lol: