Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Not Just Another Nana >

Not Just Another Nana

Not Just Another Nana

Old 07-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Hello to all the quilters I hope to get to know!! I have never been involved in a message board before, so you will have to pardon my rambling. I do not have any close friends that quilt and understand my obsession, but I find such a peace and relaxed feeling while creating in my studio - I am sure many of you can relate.
I have been a piece quilter for about 4 years, and have relied on a friend with a long arm to quilt them for me. (She did beautiful work, and she taught me how to quilt.) She is no longer in my life so I have taken some classes to learn how to machine quilt.
My father was my biggest fan of my work he always called them my artwork. We lost him in September, so for my 50th birthday in April I bought a new sewing machine, and my first Embroidery machine. I am like a school girl in love. It lets me do things I have admired all my life, never thinking i could do myself. I look forward to learning and sharing with you.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Hello, and welcome from England. I am sure you will enjoy this site and will be amazed at the talent and inspiration you will find here, not to mention the encouragement and help.
Katherine
Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Hello and welcome from southern California. This message board is a first for me too. Not sure I have the hang of it yet. The ladies ( and gentlemen) on this site have wonderful tips and ideas and are very helpful. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I do know they love pictures. I have not been good at that as my camera cables are missing at the moment.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma!!! Glad you joined us! And yes we love pictures and would love to see pictures of you quilts!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
bj

Hi and welcome from Texas. Glad you joined us. It's nice to have folks who share your obsession!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 PM

I loved your "ramblings"! So sorry about the loss of your father. My mother was the same way. She taught me lots and I taught her lots. I share with you the love of quilting. Congrats on the new machines! I love your analogy of "a school girl in love"!

Welcome from Idaho!
Susan
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Tennessee! We lUUUUUvvvv to welcome new folks because we get to see NEW pictures!!! Yea!! Since you just started (well, 4 yrs. ago)...you must have pics of everything you've done. We love to se--hint hint :wink: We are all obsessed, addicted or whatever you want to call it. I am () that close to buying a new machine for myself that will embroider and quilt...so I'm excited...scared of it...and just can't believe how much they cost :roll: Anyway..I just started to quilt in 06, so we can learn together!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi Nana and welcome to our little corner of the world, it's nice here as I hope you'll come to find out. Sorry to hear about all the losses you've experienced lately, but every good while something wonderful comes out of a loss, like finding a passion as wonderful as quilting. Glad to hear you're enjoying all your new "toys". Trust me as someone who has a very limited number of people in my life who understand the love and joy I feel for quilting, this board is full of wonderful people at all hours of the day or night more than willing to help or talk about current projects with.

Welcome to the board!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Welcome aboard. I am in Southern California where we had an earthquake today. We are all OK, thanks to good building codes. I was in my sewing room, watching everything start rocking. I thought I was on a boat. By the time I realized what it was, it was over. No worries. I'd rather have that than a tornado or hurricane. Hope you live somewhere peaceful. Join us in the chat room sometime.

judee
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Welcome from N. California. We're anxious to see your art!