Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Anyone else just buying like crazy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/anyone-else-just-buying-like-crazy-t133216.html)

deedum 06-26-2011 04:30 AM

I find myself buying this and that for quilting. I ordered 3 books last week and stopped in a quilting store Friday and bought some things, was going to stop in a diffrent quilting store Saturday on the way home from the doctor and my car took control of my senses or my checkbook, perhaps both and drove me straight home! I got to make something and stay out of the stores! Just so much out there and so many ideas and patterns and so little time! I can't be the only one like this!
Thank goodness I have been under the weather, or I could do real damage if I felt better!

sewcrafty 06-26-2011 04:55 AM

I go in spurts!

SharBear 06-26-2011 04:57 AM

I think it's cheaper to be on the board than on fabric web sites!

This week I've been on a tear too! Bought two books off of Amazon; bias bars, a kit and fabric from Connecting Threads and yesterday my LQS was having a 40% off fabric sale - off I went and bought the fabric for a wall hanging and a table runner kit!

Too many projects ... too little time!!!

Jamiestitcher62 06-26-2011 04:59 AM

Me too. I keep saying to myself, don't buy anything this week, then I go and buy stuff.

I am proud of myself though, I finished up a mini bow tucks and a large snap bag yesterday in addition to burning my thumb on the iron and had to keep ice on it for 4 hours until it stopped throbbing.

I have 5 BOM's to either finish or start and one quilt that needs to be done by Thanksgiving and I haven't even cut it out yet.

However, today I will probably go and blow a $100 gift certificate I got for my birthday at the quilt store, because I need more fabric, don't ya know. LOL.

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-26-2011 05:00 AM

i'm glad you are all shopping--you ladies are what's keeping our economy going!

charlotte625 06-26-2011 05:04 AM

hahaahahha if you sew ..you go...into a fabric shop.
and try as you will to come out empty handed , is waste of time....or at least I can't

LisaGibbs 06-26-2011 05:11 AM

I am trying hard to stay out of the stores and behind my sewing machine. However, I am finding things I need and send the darling husband to get them so that I can stay focused. Having just moved and now finally have my own room and getting my boxes of stuff out feels like shopping so right now that has been my fix.

sewobsessed1 06-26-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
i'm glad you are all shopping--you ladies are what's keeping our economy going!

Agree!

pjaco 06-26-2011 05:15 AM

I know !! I went to a quilt show Fri & Sat. Did not spend a thing on Fri... on Sat, I spent $160. It doesn't count as I used a credit card, felt free to me! (I wish)

flowerjoy 06-26-2011 05:16 AM

I know what you mean... my car has an automatic pilot to the LQS... but my fingers go automatic pilot on the internet... I have reprogrammed my car... but not my fingers!