Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Autumn Greetings! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/autumn-greetings-t282775.html)

MrsJamesGorton 10-05-2016 09:02 AM

Autumn Greetings!

Hello! Hello!

I'm Shannon and writing to you from a lovely, quintessential New England town in CT this Autumn afternoon. This morning was chilly and I made myself a nice thick mug of hot tea and grabbed my hooded sweatshirt and stepped out the backdoor. Walking down the stairs I made my way, stepping carefully over the tree roots that have come to the surface, to the picnic table and sat down. Sipping my tea and enjoying the bird songs of nearby birds, I noticed the surrounding trees are sharing their gorgeous Autumn foliage of bright oranges, reds and yellows. Just gorgeous ~ Deep Gratitude for my abundant blessings.

After joining in 2013 and being inactive until yesterday, I'm amazed how quickly time passes. A newbie to sewing and quilting, I've been watching machine and quilting tutorials via two online membership sites for the past few months. A Singer Touch & Sew machine, purchased many years ago, and I are becoming friends. I'm both excited about what beautiful handcrafted items we will create together and looking forward to posting pics here on the QB pic forum.

After my daily morning gratitude and connecting to the elements, I step back inside to commence working on a lovely little mini applique quilt for a new friend I met via cancer research/awareness fundraising event.

Anyone working on upcoming projects?

I've a short list of upcoming projects that I will turn my creative attention to, once the mini applique quilt is in the mail.

• Halloween costume(s) (Note to self: Coach children on finalizing their decision on "thee" costume, so Momma can get started.)
  • Creating a new runner for our family Thanksgiving dinner table(penciling in-new placemats)
  • Designing and creating a new Tree Skirt
  • Work on Top Secret birthday gifts for family October birthdays
  • Handcrafting holiday gifts for fundraising/family/friends

Looking forward to cultivating friendships, sharing ideas and inspiring creativity!

Tartan 10-05-2016 09:34 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. It is always good to start the day with a gratitude attutude. I am working on getting tops ready for FMQ . My Bernina ruler foot and rulers are due in November and I have several things I will try them on.

Jane Quilter 10-05-2016 09:54 AM

welcome and waving to you from virginia. :wave::wave:

MrsJamesGorton 10-05-2016 10:47 AM

Thank you for the welcome from Ontario! Sounds exciting for you prepping upcoming FMQ projects this November. Super advanced quilting! Welcome inspirational FMQ pic or two. Fun!

MrsJamesGorton 10-05-2016 10:48 AM

Thank you for the welcome from Virginia, Jane! :wave:

M.Elizabeth 10-05-2016 01:39 PM

You do have a bucket list - as I suppose most quilters do. Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC.

QuiltnNan 10-05-2016 02:05 PM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

slk350 10-05-2016 04:03 PM

Hi and welcome from Ft Myers, FL. Just reading your post makes me really miss New England (Mass) in the fall , BUT hate winter

dotcomdtcm 10-05-2016 04:27 PM

Hello from New York City. I spent four years enjoying Conn landscape when my daughter was at Wesleyan University.
If you ever come in to the city, my Bee welcomes guests!

Lori B. 10-06-2016 04:25 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)