Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   A brand new quilter (bnquilter) from Australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/brand-new-quilter-bnquilter-australia-t20009.html)

bnquilter 05-12-2009 03:04 AM

Hello to you all.

I have been following this quilting board for some time now as a "guest", and am blown away by all the help and motivation everyone enjoys. As my id suggests, I am an absolutely brand new at quilting, never before picked up a needle with any real serious intent, (even had to read the manual to remind myself how to thread my sewing machine). My sewing machine and I are not on speaking terms - unless you can count a few swear words thrown in as "speaking".

However... just after Christmas, I helped a friend who was desperate to finish a hexagon hand sewn quilt (she MUST have been really desperate to ask ME for help) and after about 10 mins, I was hooked. Now I am diligently reading everything I can about quilting, and have even tried a few things myself.

And its all thanks to you on this board. You have all given me the confidence to start, and keep working on a project.

I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate the tutorials. The step by step instructions and pictures are so well done that even I can follow them. I live out of town, and cannot easily attend any workshops or classes etc. So your detailed pictures and instructions have been just simply wonderful! In my recent retirement, I just know I have found a new lease on life.

I hope I do not appear too stupid by asking some very basic questions and requesting assistance for the simplest tasks; and I thank you all in advance for the help I know you will offer.

Cheers for now

pocoellie 05-12-2009 03:49 AM

Welcome from NE CA. So glad you joined us. There's so many friendly, talented people on board, who will help in any way. If you have a problem or don't understand something, I'm sure someone will help, so just ask away, there are no stupid questions, so don't that inhibit you.

gcathie 05-12-2009 03:58 AM

Welcome from Ohio, USA.....friendly bunch we are and if you need help just ask.....Good luck and keep quilting....be sure to share your Quilts with us.....:-)

Mplsgirl 05-12-2009 04:45 AM

Welcome from Roscoe, Illinois USA.

sewjoyce 05-12-2009 05:15 AM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana! You're gonna love it here!

KGoodhand 05-12-2009 06:18 AM

Welcome from Southern Ontario Canada!
There are no such thing as dumb questions! If you are just learning you need to ask those questions! Ask away! Someone here is bound to know the answer! At least that is the way it seems!
Kendra

Ducky 05-12-2009 07:13 AM

Welcome to the board, bnquilter, from Colorado, US. This truly is a wonderful place to get inspiration, information and a few laughs. And stupid questions? Impossible to ask one. I can guarantee you that for every question asked, there were 10 people wondering the same thing. :lol: Enjoy.

k3n 05-12-2009 07:18 AM

Welcome! You already know this is a great place, Ducky's right about the questions, happens to me ALL THE TIME!

K x

Shemjo 05-12-2009 07:45 AM

Welcome from Missouri right in the middle of the US to the left of the Mississipi River! This is a great place to get long distance information! So many people with so many skills and THEY WANT TO SHARE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dvseals 05-12-2009 08:10 AM

*Waves* From Iowa :)