Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Finally joining you! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/finally-joining-you-t4212.html)

jamsbuying 01-24-2008 09:46 AM

Judith speaking..... I've been reading your advice and looking at your beautiful quilts for some two+ years now. I stopped sewing for about ten years and then a friend "shamed" me into making our first quilt (I got my "engineer type" husband to help) - for our first grandchild. Yep, that was the beginning three years ago and we have been making projects/quilts in the sewing room ever since. That is, when my husband isn't embroidering on our Bernina 630! I still have and use my old 930 workhorse some 30 years. I look forward to reading more advice and hints in the future.

Lisa 01-24-2008 12:15 PM

Judith, Welcome aboard, I'm glad you finally signed in. I hope you will show some of your quilts also. I have quilted over a long period of time but havent' done so steadily so I am still learning and gaining experience, this board is fun to read and participate in.

jamsbuying 01-24-2008 12:42 PM

Lisa -
Thanks for the welcome! Rod and I have had fun making lap quilts & one queen size - we now have THREE grandsons. I counted up the ones I remember (yes, we do take pictures I just haven't made hard copies for our notebook) and I think we have made over fourteen lapquilts in the three years. Not fancy quilts and no traditional blocks, other than the ones we made when taking a short quilt class together. I may ask Rod to help me post a pic... With all the experience on this forum I'm somewhat embarrassed, but I've had so much fun and I certainly learned I will never make a perfect quilt! I have reminded myself of the saying "only God is perfect" many times over the last three years!

luvabargain 01-24-2008 12:57 PM

Welcome! There's a lot of really nice people here.

ania755 01-24-2008 05:37 PM

:D
I want to see the embroidery that your husband makes .....
Welcome aboard..glad you join us...This is the place you should be in...Fun and entreteinment.... :mrgreen:

Minda 01-26-2008 05:35 AM

Welcome, Judith. Glad you decided to join us. This is a great place to exchange ideas and learn new things.

MissTreated 01-26-2008 11:45 AM

Welcome! You're lucky your "engineer-type" husband his helpful. One of my gal-pals has an engineer husband and while he is critical of her work, he is hardly constructive. Seems lots of times I have to undo the "critique" he has given her. :(

M

Tiffany 01-27-2008 08:32 AM

Hello and welcome! How wonderful that you and your husband are able to work as a team with quilting. I think the only way that would work over here is if my DH had his own machine and his own ironing board set up! Oh, and his own design board, just in case we wanted to work on two quilts at once. :lol:

I can't wait to see your quilts!
~Tiffany

newquiltertoni 01-27-2008 12:38 PM

Welcome! I have learned alot from this forum but the main important thing I have learned is that no one on here every makes you feel embarrassed. They are so supportive! So go ahead and show us what you've got we all look forward to seeing others accomplishments.

Dawn Hendrix 01-27-2008 01:21 PM

Hey there.. Thanks for joining us.... This is a GREAT place to be!