Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Finally made it from Western NY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/finally-made-western-ny-t3978.html)

MissTreated 01-11-2008 06:33 PM

Welcome. I truly hope you are holding up well under the circumstances. Strength to you from my little corner of the world.

M

fabricluvr 01-12-2008 12:15 PM

welcome L - sorry to hear about your husband - wishing you all success with his treatments - you found a great place here to hang out!

hope to see lots of you!

barnbum 01-12-2008 03:37 PM

Hi!! I'm in NY too--between Rochester and Syracuse. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's cancer. That's a tough one. :( Who are your kids staying with? How old are they? I can imagine you miss them desparately.

This is a good place to chat when you get the time. I'm kind of new myself, but there's always a warmth here. :D

Celeste 01-12-2008 11:13 PM

We're glad you joined us! Hope we can be here for you in our own small way.

Joan 01-13-2008 09:35 AM

Welcome to the best board around! I am a beginner (with lots of ideas and getting more daily) and I have found this board to be not only helpful but inspirational as well. I do hope that we can help support you during this difficult time for your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please check back as time allows and let us know how your DH is doing because we are concerned, too.

HUGS!
Joan from California

ania755 01-13-2008 12:54 PM

Warm welcome from Mexico.....You are doing the right thing by thinking to use it while away from home.......Your husband needs you and you don't need frastration as company....The machine will be your loyal friend...and you will have time to share the patterns with your husband...Hopefully it will help both of you to make the best of the situation....The time flies fast....My best wishes to both of you...So good you found us...Its a great place with very nice people.....
Welcome aboard and ...press the pedal.... :-)

Feathers 02-02-2008 03:43 PM

Ditto to everything everyone else has so eloquently said! We are all here and willing to do what we can long distance. Friends from the heart! Hugs and prayers to you and your family, always.

Feathers

sandpat 02-02-2008 03:57 PM

Hi! We are glad to have you. I have been lurking on this site for awhile and just recently started posting..I guess I need to introduce myself sometime also. Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health challenges and hope that all goes well with ya'll.

My hubby was in the hospital for a couple of weeks this past summer and I took a baby quilt that I was working on up to work on. I stitched away (by hand) while he was in surgery (better than biting my nails!). Anyway, it attracted a lot of my new friends..lots of prayer circles. I finished it later much to the delight of the nurses who kept popping in to check my progress. It must have worked because hubby is home, healthy & happy and the quilt is done and gone to a Project Linus kid.

Good Luck and great to meet you!

Feathers 02-03-2008 04:28 PM

Sandpat;
Good for you for the Linus quilt and how great that you had something to work on during your wait while hubby was in surgery. I've been at the hospital alot lately with my sick mom and this last week I took my laptop for the first time and caught up on all my "Quilt Board" posts. I, too, had people gazing over my shoulder to see the pictures of the quilts people posted. Quilting, good for the heart, mind, soul and for making friendships. Stay strong for your DH and take good care of YOU, ScrappinMad. When everyone is healthy then you can take some time to catch up, relax, breathe, and quilt. In the meantime, you all all in our prayers.

Feathers

reva 02-04-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome!! I'm sorry, too, to hear about your husband - mine had surgery in 2001 for a lump in his neck - they said it was lymphoma at first and then diagnosed it as Castleman's Disease. Thankfully there was no chemo involved at that time. We are just blessed that there have been no recurrences to date. I know what you are going through because of dealing with the unknown of what the outcome is... we'll pray for the both of you. Keep a quilt project on hand and join us anytime...

Reva