Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Was going to introduce myself eventually (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/going-introduce-myself-eventually-t1734.html)

mfre42day 08-05-2007 05:17 PM

Hi,
My name is Cheryl, I am really pretty new to quitling. I come to this site pretty frequently just to see what's going on. So today I found an email in my box asking me to be a part of, sooooo I guess now I will probably have to do more than stand outside looking in! :D
I have made one quilt, and am currently working on one for my only granddaughter, Sage, she is 7 and everytime she sees me she asks "Soooo granmma is my blanket done yet?". :oops:
Okay so that's part of my story and I'm stickin to it.

ccbear66 08-05-2007 05:20 PM

Welcome to our wacky and informative family. As you know we have some very talented people here who will be glad to answer any questions that you may have. Please share pics of your quilts. We all love to see what others have done.

mfre42day 08-05-2007 05:37 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome I really appreciate it!
I want to post a pic of my one and only quilt but I can't figure out where to go on the site to do so???? Duh I just scrolled down and figured it out ok I'm on my way now, LOL

lin 08-05-2007 06:02 PM

Welcome mfre42day! I've already seen that wonderful "first" quilt. It's so pretty. :)

live2teach 08-05-2007 06:52 PM

Welcome! Glad you finally decided to join us! :D

Linda Nelson 08-06-2007 08:13 AM

Hi Cheryl,
Welcome! Glad to hear from an other newbee. I am also new to quilting and just posted today for the same reason that you did. I have only completed two quilts but have many UFO's.

Steve 08-06-2007 08:28 AM

Hi Cheryl and welcome, I hope your granddaughter doesn’t have to wait too awfully long. I’m working on the small quilts first and moving to larger ones as I progress through size. I figure I’d better work fast as they grow like weeds and want to get them made before the niece and nephews go to college.

mimisharon 08-06-2007 09:22 AM

Welcome Mfre,
It's another gran here, Mimi Sharon, I try not to tell my grandies when I'm making them something because they can't realise how long good things take to be made. lol lol

Welcome to the group and I'm glad you decided to get to know us a little. CCbear is right, we're wacky but we're a handy bunch, too! I've got to get off this 'net and get to the BOMs. I already pulled out the Aug 1st one and want to get cutting but this place is addictive, I hate to miss anything!

OK, I'm nosy, but who can't be when it's all about quilting???

Welcome and jump right on the ole mouse to share with us. We haven't bitten anyone in awhile.......

Sharon

amma 08-06-2007 12:43 PM

Hello and welcome! This is a great bunch of people, I too, just joined recently. Will look forward to seeing your work!